9th March 2016, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply in Indian Engineering Service recruitment for Mechanical final year student?

Hi,
I want to apply for Indian Engineering Services recruitment. Kindly tell me can I apply for Indian Engineering Service as I am a final year student of B.E. Mechanical Engineering?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to apply in Indian Engineering Service recruitment exam for B.Tech(ECE) final semester student?
  2. What kind of posts are available in Indian Railway for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 5th semester student? Can I appear in Indian Railway recruitment exam in my final semester?
  3. Eligibility to apply in APPSC recruitment exams for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) final semester student?
  4. Required Eligibility criteria to join Indian Army being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  5. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in Indian Foreign Service recruitment for B.E.(EEE) graduate?
  6. Can I be eligible to attend for Railway Recruitment Board exam? I am a final year mechanical engineering student
  7. How to apply in Indian Navy as well as Merchant Navy if I am a student of B.E Mechanical
  8. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in Indian Forest Service exam for B.E.(ECE) final year student?
  9. Detailed information about job specification of Indian Foreign Service for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 1st year candidate?
  10. Is there any recruitment available in Tata Motors for B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) final year student?
  11. Eligibility to apply in CSIR-NET for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) final year student?
  12. Eligibility to appear in Indian Engineering Service exam for B.Tech(ME) 2nd year 19 years old student?
  13. Can I apply in Indian Administrative Service recruitment after completing MS from US?
  14. Name of exam conducted by ISRO for B.Tech passed students? What are the requirements to join?
  15. Can a B.Tech.(IT) final year student apply for IES exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Detailed information, procedure and eligibility to join Indian Postal Service for B.Com final year student?
  17. How can I get a job in Indian Railways? I am a B.E final year mechanical engineering student
  18. Eligibility to appear in Indian Engineering Service exam for B.Tech(ECE) final semester student?
12th March 2016, 06:57 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in Indian Engineering Service recruitment for Mechanical final year student?

You are in the final year of your B.tech degree and wanted to apply for the Indian Engineering Services exam. Following are the eligibility criteria for this.

Educational qualification: Student must possess graduation (B.E/B.tech) in any discipline Electronics/ Electrical/ Civil/ Mechanical from any recognized university. Students in the final year of B.tech degree also eligible to apply subjected to condition you must pass your graduation degree till the results of written exam released.

Age Limit: 21 to 30 years. Relaxation in maximum age limit is given to reserved category students.

Selection procedure: The selection procedure consists of written exam followed by interview.

>>If you still have any doubt then you can go through the detailed advertisement of UPSC IES. You will be surprised to know that the notification of this year has published and the online application has started. So in my opinion you have to apply it before the last date i.e 25th March 2016.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Indian Engineering Services.pdf(373.5 KB, 12 views)
12th March 2016, 08:19 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in Indian Engineering Service recruitment for Mechanical final year student?

Yes, you are eligibility to apply for Indian Engineering Service recruitment examination being a Mechanical final year student. Candidates who have obtained Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology or those who are pursuing final year of Graduation from a recognised university are eligible to appear in IES examination. So, being a B.E Mechanical final year student, you are eligible to apply for Indian Engineering Service examination.
12th March 2016, 09:08 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to apply for Indian Engineering Service Recruitment for Mechanical Engineers:

Yes, you are certainly eligible to apply for Indian Engineering Services Recruitment Examination being a Mechanical final year candidate. Here is the basic qualification required for Indian Engineering or Engineering Services Examination.

>> Candidates must have completed a degree in Engineering or equivalent M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Electronics, Wireless Communications, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special subjects also acceptable.

>> The categories of which recruitment is made through the examination includes,
* Mechanical Engineering
* Civil Engineering
* Electrical Engineering
and
* Electronics and Tele-Communication Engineering

>> Candidates who are appearing at their Engineering degree or equivalent examination are also eligible to compete.

>> Candidates qualifying on the result of the written part of the exam will be required to submit the proof of passing the requisite exam. Based on this criteria, it is clearly mentioned that candidates who are pursuing their final year are also eligible.
12th March 2016, 11:25 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I want to apply for Indian Engineering Services recruitment. Kindly tell me can I apply for Indian Engineering Service as I am a final year student of B.E. Mechanical Engineering?
You are a final year of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering so you are eligible for Indian Engineering Service exam.

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination.

If you have completed bachelor engineering degree course then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination but your written exam subjects are -CIVIL, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING. You can choose any one subject from above mentioned subject. M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering are also eligible for IES exam.

The applicant age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

SC/ST = 5 years
OBC =3 years
PWD =10 years
Ex-Servicemen = 5 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?