13th November 2016, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

How can I become a Deputy Commissioner of Police being a Commerce student? Do I have to give any exam for the post?

Respected Sir, I have completed B.Com and now I want to become Deputy Commissioner of Police. I want to know how can I become a Deputy Commissioner of Police being a Commerce student? Do I have to give any exam for the post? Please answer as soon as possible.

15th November 2016, 07:57 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become a Deputy Commissioner of Police being a Commerce student? Do I have to give any exam for the post?

For becoming Deputy commissioner of Police, you need to join Indian Police Services. IPS officers are selected through Civil Services examination.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for Civil Services examination. You will have to apply for Civil Services examination and clear different stages of this examination to join Indian Police Services.

There are three stages of this exam:

Preliminary examination: It is of qualifying nature. Preliminary qualified candidates appear for Main examination. Final stage is personal interview.

2. The age limit is 21-32 years. You need to fulfill minimum physical requirements for Indian Police Services.
15th November 2016, 09:47 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become a Deputy Commissioner of Police being a Commerce student? Do I have to give any exam for the post?

Deputy Commissioner of Police is a high rank in Indian Police Services. SP or SSP gets promoted to this post. In order to join India Police Services, you will have to appear for Civil Services examination and crack all stages of this examination. Civil Services examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

Commerce stream graduates can apply for Civil Services examination. The age limit is 21-32 years. Three years upper age relaxation to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates. The notification for 2017 exam will be released in February, 2017. After that you can apply for this exam and clear all stages of this exam to join Indian Police Services.
8th November 2019, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

Hi I am a girl who finished bcom and my goal is to become a police officer and is percentage matter for this because I am a just pass student and my goal is to become a police officer please help me
9th April 2021, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

Which course we should take after 10th for puc
22nd April 2021, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir, I am pursuing B.com last year and my age is 25 running. I want to become a Deputy Commissioner of Police. What should i do ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?