14th March 2017, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

How to get job in railway after 30 years of service in Indian Army?

Sir, I served 30 years in Army and I am retired from Army as honorary captain rank. I have a diploma in automobile engineering. Please tell to me how can apply in railway job .

17th March 2017, 10:54 AM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to get job in railway after 30 years of service in Indian Army?

As you have diploma in automobile engineering and also served the nation for 30 years then you can apply for Group A and Group B (Technical cadre). For Group A the age of the candidate should be in between 18-30 years and for Ex-Servicemen, up to the extent of service rendered in Defence plus 5 years provided they have put in more than 6 months service after attestation and the candidate must have obtained an engineer degree from a recognized university and for Group B the age of the candidate should be in between 18-33 years and 5 years relaxation for ex-serviceman. The job vacancy is announced on the notification panel for that the candidate have to visit the official website of Indian Railway regularly.
17th March 2017, 05:36 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get job in railway after 30 years of service in Indian Army?

You need to fulfill the age criteria for the given job, if you want to get job in railways after retiring from Indian Army after 30 years of service. You will be eligible for ex-serviceman quota.

Selection will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and interview or skill test according to the kind of job.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?