13th July 2017, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

In which month IPS and IAS exams are held?

Hi, I am Amritpal and I have completed my 12th from Punjab board. I want to know that in which month IPS and IAS exam held and how we can appear for the test? May I know the whole procedure?

14th July 2017, 08:50 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which month IPS and IAS exams are held?

UPSC conducts Civil Service examination for recruitment of candidates as an I.P.S, I.A.S, I.F.S etc.

The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all stages for final selection.

Preliminary - In June.

Mains - November.

Interview - March/April.

Final Result - May last week or June First week.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th July 2017, 08:59 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

IPS is Indian Police Services and IAS is Indian Administrative Services. Recruitment to both services is done through Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC.

Earlier Civil Services examination used to be conducted in August of every year. But in 2017, it was conducted on 18th June and in 2018, it will be conducted on 3rd June.
14th July 2017, 12:40 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

The different stages of Civil Services exam for IAS and IPS is conducted in:

Preliminary stage which is first stage in June.

Mains exam in October.

Personal interview in January.
14th July 2017, 05:07 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Generally the IAS and IPS preliminary examination is conducted in the month of June and the mains examination is conducted in the month of October every year.

In order to appear for the examination at first you have to visit the official website and apply online for the Civil Services examination you will have to pay the examination fees through your credit/debit cards or net banking if you are applying online. But, if your applying online then you can submit the application fees at any SBI branch with the challan which will be generated during your registration.
14th July 2017, 06:10 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

The very first thing I would like to let you know that officially IAS and IPS examination is known as Civil Services examination which is conducted by UPSC once in a year in three stages which includes Preliminary test, Mains and Personal Interview respectively.

As far as you concerned about the month in which Civil Services examination is held then for your information from this year the stage one is held in the month of June and stage second and third is held in October and December respectively.

Further for appearing in same examination the minimum educational qualification required is a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Also you must have nationality of India with your age lying within 21 years to 32 years ( age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates as per the government norms).

For more details and updates regarding same examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
14th July 2017, 09:19 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IPS and IAS officers are selected through Civil Services examination. Civil Services examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. As per UPSC academic calendar different stages of examination in different month.

The first stage called Preliminary examination is conducted in month of June. Those who clear Preliminary examination appear for Mains exam which is conducted in October and personal interview is in January.
28th July 2017, 11:54 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

IAS and IPS exams are conducted by upsc.
Eligibility criteria for exam-

A candidate must be graduated with any discipline.
A candidate must have 21 years to 35 years of age.

Exam schedule-
There are 3 process-
Preliminary exam.
Main exam.
Personal interview.

Preliminary exam is generally held in the last of Feb or in the month of march.

Main exam is generally held in October​ or November.
Interview is held in the month of January.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?