29th November 2014, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Suitable course after 12th to become Police Commissioner?

Now i have complete 12th and want to become police commissioner can u tel me which course wil be suitable for me

29th November 2014, 07:51 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Suitable course after 12th to become Police Commissioner?

You cannot directly become Police Commissioner after completion of any course. To become Police Commissioner, you need to appear for Indian Civil Services examination and after qualifying in Indian Civil Services examination, you need to serve as a police in different posts for some years. After that, you are eligible to become Police Commissioner. To be eligible to appear for Indian Civil Services Examination, you must satisfy the following eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1.Nationality :-
You must be a citizen of India.

2.Educational Qualification :-
You must have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3.Age Limit :-
You must be within 21-30 years old. Age relaxation of 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates is applicable as per government rules.

4.Physical Standards :-
You must be physically and mentally fit.

Selection Procedure :-
-->Preliminary Examination
-->Mains Examination
-->Personal Interview

Since, you have completed 12th standard, you need to complete your Graduation degree or equivalent from a recognised university to be eligible to appear for Indian Civil Services examination and to become Police Commissioner.
29th November 2014, 10:14 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

To become a police commissioner, first you have to pass IPS exams. After becoming IPS officer, you can try to become a police commissioner. That's because you cannot become a police commissioner by yourself. The police commissioner for every city will be decided by the respective state governments.And a candidate who has completed his/her graduation in any stream are eligible to apply for IPS exams. So, you can choose any course in which you are interested.
29th November 2014, 10:16 PM
smithapriya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Now i have complete 12th and want to become police commissioner can u tel me which course wil be suitable for me
You can't directly become a Police Commissioner. First you must gain some experience in police department in order to become a Police Commissioner. You can choose any specialization as you wish after 12th standard. Graduate in any discipline can join in the Police department. After completing Graduation you can apply for the IPS exam or Police Recruitment exam which is conducted by the concerned state.

Apart from educational qualification, Physical standard is mandatory to be eligible for the Police Department.

Please refer - www.upsc.gov.in
29th November 2014, 10:22 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For becoming a Police Commissioner, you have to crack UPSC Civil Services exam for Indian Police Services cadre. Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University is the minimum requirement for this exam.

The age limit for UPSC Civil Services exam is 21 to 30 years. There is age relaxation available for candidates who belong to reserved category.

1. SC/ST : 5 years relaxation
2. OBC : 3 years relaxation
3. PWD : 10 years relaxation

The selection is purely based on merit and you have to perform excellently in the following stages.

1. CSAT
2. Mains Exam
3. Interview

For more information visit http://upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?