5th September 2014, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

What I have to do to become an IAS Officer?

I want to be an i.a.s. Officer. Now i am in 12 standard with phyics , chemistry & maths. Please advise me what i have to do to become an i.a.s. Officer.

6th September 2014, 10:51 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What I have to do to become an IAS Officer?

To become an IAS officer, the minimum educational qualification required is completion of the graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university. You need to appear for the IAS exam to become an IAS officer.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. The IAS exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) of India every year.

Eligibility Criteria :-

To be eligible to appear for the IAS exam, you must satisfy the following eligibility criteria :-

1.You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed the graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

3.You must be in between 21 to 30 years old. Age relaxation of 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates is applicable as per the government rules.

4.You must be physically and mentally fit as per the notification released by the UPSC for the IAS exam.

Selection Procedure :-
The selection procedure consits of three stages :-
1. Preliminary Exam
2. Mains Exam
3. Personal Interview

No. of Attempts :-
General :- 4 attempts
OBC :- 7 attempts
SC/ST :- No Limit/Unllimited

Since you have completed your 12th standard, you need to complete your graduation degree from a recognised university to be eligible to appear for the IAS exam. After qualifying in all the rounds of the IAS exam, you can become as an IAS officer.
6th September 2014, 11:40 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You need atleast a Graduation degree from a recognized University to become eligible for IAS Officer exam which is also known as Civil Services Exam. This exam is conducted by UPSC every year. Hence, if you are 12th pass then you should take admission in a good college and complete Graduation. Also do preparation for Civil Services with you Graduation studies.

The age limit for IAS exam is 21 to 30 years. There is 5 years of age relaxation for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC and 10 years for Physically handicapped candidates. You also must be an Indian citizen.

The selection will be on merit and you have to pass following stages with top marks.

1. Preliminary Exam
2. Mains Exam
3. Interview

For more information visit http://upsc.gov.in
7th September 2014, 10:11 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to be an i.a.s. Officer. Now i am in 12 standard with phyics , chemistry & maths. Please advise me what i have to do to become an i.a.s. Officer.

To become a IAS officer,you need to write the entrance exam for IAS and the exam is one of the Civil Service exam and this exam is being conducted by UPSC and is held every year.

According to the qualification of yours you cannot apply for the IAS exam as per the education qualification needed for the exam.The needed education qualification for the exam is that the candidate should have completed a Degree from a recognized university but as you have only completed +2 you are not eligible at this stage.It is better that you continue your studies and complete your degree.

Regards
~Jxsab~
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?