21st December 2015, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

What minimum rank is enough in Gate to secure job in NTPC?

Sir,

I am doing my under graduation in the stream of mechanical engineering, I have given the GATE examination. I want to know what minimum rank is enough to get job in NTPC?

21st December 2015, 10:30 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: What minimum rank is enough in Gate to secure job in NTPC?

NTPC recruits engineering students every year under the executive trainee post. You are doing your B.Tech from mechanical engineering stream and wanted to do job in this company.

**The selection procedure for this post is Gate Score followed by interview. They shortlist the candidates based on the GATE score and called for Group Discussion and personal interview. So those having more score in the GATE exam has better chance of getting job.

**Since NTPC is one of the best PSU company. So you have to secure under 1000 rank to be in the safer side to get the job and also you have to perform well in the GD and interview to be included in the final merit list.
22nd December 2015, 07:55 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What minimum rank is enough in Gate to secure job in NTPC?

NTPC stands for National Thermal Power Corporation. It is one of the top Public Sector Undertakings which recruit candidates on the basis of marks scored in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

Every year, minimum rank changes for getting shortlisted in NTPC recruitment process. But on a general note if you belong to open category if you manage to secure rank among top 300 of your stream in GATE, most likely you will be called for interview by NTPC.

So, try to secure a rank well within top 300 of your own stream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?