18th September 2016, 01:19 AM
Unregistered

AM I eligible to appear for UPSC exam after completion of graduation in Philosophy?

Dear Sir/Mam,

I have completed graduation in philosophy as my honors standing first class and distinction can I appear for upsc exam if so kindly give me the information how to go for it? Can you please guide me with the complete information on the same?

Thank you

18th September 2016, 08:15 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: AM I eligible to appear for UPSC exam after completion of graduation in Philosophy?

Union Public Service Commission conducts many entrance examination and eligibility criteria varies from examination to examination. From my point of view, you are asking about your eligibility for Civil Service examination. Civil Services examination is also conducted by UPSC every year for different services like IAS, IRS, IPS etc.

Yes, why not, you are Civil Services examination after bachelor's degree in Philosophy. The academic qualification required for Civil Services examination is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for examination.

The minimum age limit for this examination is 21 years. Upper age limit for general candidates is 32 years, for OBC candidate is 35 years and for SC/ST candidate is 37 years.
18th September 2016, 12:37 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: AM I eligible to appear for UPSC exam after completion of graduation in Philosophy?

You have completed your graduation so you are eligible for UPSC exam. You can go to its official website. There you will get every details about it. Link is given below:

http://www.upsc.gov.in

Thanks
18th September 2016, 12:48 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir/Mam,

I have completed graduation in philosophy as my honors standing first class and distinction can I appear for upsc exam if so kindly give me the information how to go for it? Can you please guide me with the complete information on the same?

Thank you

Yes, you are eligible to appear for UPSC Civil Service examination after completion of graduation in Philosophy. The candidates with graduation in any discipline are eligible for Civil Service examination. The civil service examinations are conducted every year by UPSC. The candidates must have aged between 21 to 32 years for appearing the examinations. The civil service examination consists of three parts; they are Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview. First you have to clear the preliminary examination; the candidates can apply online for the examination. The website link is UPSC
18th September 2016, 01:09 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in UPSC Exams after completion of Graduation in Philosophy. There are many examinations come under UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and they are given below.

>> Civil Services Examination

>> Combined Defence Service Examination

>> Engineering Services Examination

>> Combined Medical Services Examination

>> Naval Academy Examination

>> National Defence Academy

>> Geologists Examination

>> Indian Economic Service/ Indian Statistical Service Exam

As the minimum educational qualification required for the above mentioned recruitment's is Graduation, you are eligible to appear in UPSC recruitment's. You can strongly prepare and appear in Civil Services even after completion of Graduation in Philosophy.
18th September 2016, 03:43 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in UPSC examination after completion of your Graduation in Philosophy.

Candidates who have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to appear in UPSC examination.

Since, you have already completed your Graduation in Philosophy, you are eligible to appear in UPSC examination.
18th September 2016, 08:29 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you are eligible to appear in Union Public Service exam as per your qualifications. You have completed your graduation in philosophy hence you are very much eligible because as per the eligibility criteria minimum qualification required to appear in this exam is graduation in any discipline from recognised University.
Age limit should be in between 21 to 32 years and relaxation is given to the candidates of reserved categories in upper age limit.
18th September 2016, 09:03 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Graduation in philosophy from a UGC recognized university is definitely applicable for UPSC exam. There is no need to worry about anything. Just make sure you have age between 21 to 32 years.

You will be eligible for UPSC civil services exam only. For other UPSC exam you will need specialized degree qualification.
18th September 2016, 09:05 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

A candidate can apply for the UPSC exam after completing graduation in any faculty from a recognized university.So you are eligible to apply for UPSC civil service exam and this exam conduct every year.
18th September 2016, 09:06 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, if you want to appear for Civil Services examination which is conducted by UPSC every year.

The examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S Officer.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you can appear for examination. But for final recruitment as an Officer you need to qualify in all three stages of entrance examination.

If you want to know about any other entrance examination conducted by UPSC visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
19th September 2016, 10:43 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir/Mam,

Thank you
You have completed graduation degree in Philosophy, So you are eligible for IAS exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam 2016.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

www.upsconline.nic.in/index.php
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?