2nd February 2013, 12:30 AM
yogesh kabulpuria

How to become an IAS officer?

sir,
i want to become an ias officer please you guide me how can i start.

12th May 2013, 01:07 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer?

IAS Exam (Indian Administrative Exam)

To become IAS officer you need to complete your studies i.e. after 10th complete 11th & 12th,then complete Graduation from a
recognized university.
Minimum qualification required to appear for IAS exams is Graduation from a recognized university.
  • It is under Civil Service Exam conducted once in a Year by UPSC.
  • To become an IAS Officer One Needs to crack Civil Service Exam.
  • You need focused study of subjects.
  • You should analyze the syllabus, and hard work is needed to crack this examination.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA IN DETAIL:
Educational Qualifications :
Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.

Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.

Number of Attempts:
Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

For complete details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in
28th July 2020, 09:20 PM
Mebinmathews

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer?

To become an IAS Officer, you need to qualify the Union Public Service Commission Civil Services Exam (CSE). The exam itself is conducted as a means to recruit civil servants to one of the 25 services that comprise of the All India Services (IPA, IFS and IAS), Central Services (IRS, Railways, etc) and Group B services
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?