13th November 2016, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to become an IPS officer after completing class 12th with Arts? What is the procedure of application?

Respected Sir, I have completed my class 12th and now I want to become an IPS officer. I want to know am I eligible to become an IPS officer after completing class 12th with Arts? What is the procedure of application? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. How can I become an IPS Officer after completing class 12th with Arts stream? Which exam should I prepare for? How a B.Sc graduate can get a Government job? How can I prepare for the job?
  2. Am I eligible for IPS officer job after completing Intermediate?
  3. What should I do after completing class 12th to become an IPS officer?
  4. Can I appear for IPS exam after completing class 12th? If not then when can I appear for the IPS exam?
  5. Which stream in class 12th will be helpful to become an IPS Officer? How can I prepare for the IPS entrance exam? -- [New]
  6. How can I become an IPS officer after passing class 12th with Science?
  7. How can I become a IPS officer after completing 10th class?
  8. Which stream should I choose for Graduation to become an IPS Officer in the future?
  9. What steps should I follow to become an IPS Officer? How much should I score in class 12th?
  10. Am I eligible for IPS after completing 12th Arts with 53%? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Career opportunities after completing class 12th? How can I become an IPS officer?
  12. How will I study and which books to prepare to become IPS Officer being a student of 12th class in Arts stream?
  13. How can I become an IPS officer after completing graduation? What are the physical requirements for IPS post?
  14. What is the procedure to become a CID Officer after completing class 12th?
  15. Can I become a Custom Officer (Airport and Shipping port department) after completing B.Com? What is the procedure of application?
  16. Courses after 12th Commerce to become an IPS Officer? Coaching classes for preparation of IPS exam?
  17. What should I do after completing class 12th (Arts stream) to become an IAS Officer?
  18. What should I do after completing class 12th (PCM) from CBSE Board to become an IPS or IAS Officer? Which entrance exam do I have to write?
15th November 2016, 11:40 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become an IPS officer after completing class 12th with Arts? What is the procedure of application?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I have completed my class 12th and now I want to become an IPS officer. I want to know am I eligible to become an IPS officer after completing class 12th with Arts? What is the procedure of application? Please answer as soon as possible.

Sorry, you are not eligible to become an IPS Officer after completing class 12th with Arts. You have to study and pass a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline to become an IPS Officer. The IPS Officers are selected through the UPSC Civil Services Examination. The candidates with graduation degree in stream are eligible to apply for the civil services examination. You can apply online for the civil service examination. The details are available in the UPSC website Click Here
15th November 2016, 01:48 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become an IPS officer after completing class 12th with Arts? What is the procedure of application?

No, you are not eligible to appear for Civil Service examination after 12th qualification.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you have to pursue bachelor degree to appear for examination and after qualifying in examination eligible for final selection.

The application form for examination will be available online at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th November 2016, 02:42 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Services. It comes under Civil Services examination. Civil Services examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year for different services like IPS, IAS, IRS etc.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination:

>>Candidates must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for exam.

>>The age limit is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation of three years to OBC candidates and five years to SC/ST candidates.

You are not eligible to apply for Civil Services examination after 12th. You need to pursue bachelor's degree first then only you can apply for this examination.
15th November 2016, 03:12 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and to be an IPS officer you need to qualify Civil Services examination.

* Civil Services examination is held by UPSC once every year for recruitment of administrative officers such as IAS officer, IPS officer, IFS officer,etc. .

* The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

a) You must have the citizenship of India.

b) Your age must lie in between 21 years to 32 years by the 1st August of that year in which you are going to appear in the same examination if you belong to general category. Further age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

c) You must have completed your graduation degree course in any subject of your choice from a recognized open or regular university.

So being a Class 12th passed candidate you first need to complete your graduation degree along with satisfying other criteria too for being eligible for appearing in Civil Services examination to be an IPS officer.

For more details regarding the same examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th November 2016, 05:59 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

IPS stands for Indian Police Services.

Eligibility criteria for IPS officer examination:

Academic qualification: Minimum academic qualification is graduation.

Age limit: 21-32 years.

You can not become IPS officer after completing 12th with Arts. You will have to pursue bachelor's degree then you will become eligible for Civil Services examination.
15th November 2016, 09:29 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible for Indian Police Service Officer examination after 12th with Arts stream.

Qualification required to apply for Civil Services examination is graduation from a recognized university. In final year of graduation also, you can apply for this examination.

Age criteria for Civil Services exam:

General category: 21-32 years.

OBC candidates: 21-35 years.

SC/ST candidates: 21-37 years.

When you will complete bachelor's degree then only you will be eligible to apply for this examination.
15th November 2016, 09:30 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to become an IPS officer after completion of your Class 12th with Arts stream from a recognised board. To be eligible to become an IPS officer, you should have to pursue Bachelor's degree or an equivalent course from a recognised university. After completion of your graduate course, you can apply for IPS examination through online at UPSC official website once, the examination notification is released by UPSC.
15th November 2016, 11:02 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

* IPS stands for Indian Police Service and to be an IPS officer you need to qualify Civil Services examination.

* Civil Services examination is held by UPSC once every year for recruitment of administrative officer. The examination is organized in three stages which includes Preliminary Test, Mains and Personal Interview respectively.

* The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

a) You must have the nationality of India.

b) Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years if your belong to general category otherwise there is provision of age relaxation of 3 years, 5 years and 10 years for OBC, SC/ST and PH category candidates.

c) You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

So being a Class 12th passed candidate you will first have to complete your graduation degree along with satisfying the other criteria and then apply for the same examination.

For more details and applying for the same examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th November 2016, 11:47 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to become an IPS officer after completion of 12th Class. Yes, in order to become an IPS officer you are first required to meet the eligibility criteria. There is a certain eligibility criteria that is required to become an IPS officer. You are required to apply for Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The basic educational qualification required to become an IPS officer is "Graduate Degree" and as you are just done with 12th Class, I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible right now. So I suggest you to first complete Graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?