24th February 2016, 07:54 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for the preliminary and mains exam during last year of graduation?

Hi,

I will be appearing for my final year of graduation in April, so will i be able to appear for preliminary and mains without my degree or last year mark sheet as we will get both of them in September or October.? Can you please help me to understand the eligibility?

24th February 2016, 06:49 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for the preliminary and mains exam during last year of graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

I will be appearing for my final year of graduation in April, so will i be able to appear for preliminary and mains without my degree or last year mark sheet as we will get both of them in September or October.? Can you please help me to understand the eligibility?
Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for preliminary and mains exam.

Final year student are eligible preliminary and mains entrance exam.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Important Dates for Civil Service Exam 2016:-

Date of Notification: 23 April, 2016
Last Date to Apply: 20 May, 2016
Exam Date: 7 August, 2016
Civil Services (Main): 3 December, 2016
24th February 2016, 06:56 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for the preliminary and mains exam during last year of graduation?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Civil Services Preliminary Exam and Main Recruitment Examination. The minimum qualification required to be eligible for appearing in Civil Services Preliminary and Main Examination is "Graduate Degree" or a Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Yes, candidates who are doing their Final year of Graduation are certainly eligible to apply for Civil Services Examination. Yes, even though you will complete Graduate Degree in April you can apply for the recruitment examination. Because it takes almost 5 to 6 months for Civils Mains and Prelims Examination and generally candidates will be called after December of the year for Interview. So you do not need to worry, as you are certainly eligible to apply for Civil Services Recruitment Examination.

Click here for More Details
24th February 2016, 10:40 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, final year student are eligible to appear for Civil Services examination. Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed or pursuing graduation degree from any recognised university. The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years.

It is necessary to get provisional marksheet to appear for Mains examination after qualifying in Preliminary stage.

So, you can appear for Preliminary stage now. For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?