31st October 2016, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for railways job after completion of graduation degree course in political science from IGNOU?

Sir/Mam,

I am doing graduation degree course(pol. Science) in Ignou.Is my degree valid for railway job and other exam?guide me please? It will be really helpful if you can guide me soon as possible. Please provide me the complete details on this. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for government job after completion completion of BA graduation from IGNOU?
  2. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Political science after completion of graduation?
  3. What are the benefits of doing graduation in Political Science stream?
  4. Which course is better to opt after completion of graduation in political science?
  5. How to get a job in Railways after completion of B.Com?
  6. Which graduation course has an edge over other- Political Science and Political Philosophy?
  7. What is the criteria and eligible to apply for government job? I have done M.A political science from IGNOU University
  8. Is it beneficial to pursue Master's degree in Political Science from IGNOU if pursuing BS in Computer Science?
  9. How can I get a job in railways after completion of graduation?
  10. What is the procedure followed to apply for Ph.D or M.Phil course after completion of MA in Political Science from IGNOU?
  11. Is it possible to do graduation without 10+2 from IGNOU? Am I eligible for UPSC exam after that?
  12. Can I do B.Ed from IGNOU after just completion of my graduation?
  13. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D Computer Science after completion of MCA from IGNOU?
  14. Details about MA(Political Science) from IGNOU?
  15. How can I apply to study correspondence M.A.(Political Science) in IGNOU being a B.A. graduate?
  16. Is Political Science Honours beneficial getting jobs in future?
  17. Is IGNOU education valid for getting a government job?
  18. How can I get a job in the Indian Railways after completing my Degree course with BE in EEE? For which post can I apply? -- [New]
31st October 2016, 05:23 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for railways job after completion of graduation degree course in political science from IGNOU?

IGNOU is one of the best open universities in India,where thousands of candidates apply for different courses. IGNOU is approved by UGC & by the Government of India. So,if you apply for the railway jobs or any other job certificate will be valid & considered.
31st October 2016, 05:35 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for railways job after completion of graduation degree course in political science from IGNOU?

Yes definitely Indira Gandhi National Open University is a recognised university in India. As you are completing your degree course from Indira Gandhi National Open University hence you are eligible to apply for whatever Degree level exam you want. Age limit to apply generally in between 21 to 30 years but it can be changed according to the post.
So prepare yourself.
31st October 2016, 06:00 PM
karishma singh kashyap
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I am doing graduation degree course(pol. Science) in Ignou.Is my degree valid for railway job and other exam?guide me please? It will be really helpful if you can guide me soon as possible. Please provide me the complete details on this. Thank you!
Yes , you are eligible for various exams on the basis of your correspondence degree of graduation from IGNOU have given as follows:-
Railway goods guards exam
Railway ASM exam
Railway TC/CC exam
Railway group c and group d non-technical exam
SSC CGL exam
SSC CHSL Exam
IBPS EXAM
and exams conducted by the commissions of various state on the basis of graduation in any stream and any mode
31st October 2016, 06:17 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

IGNOU is a recognized open university and its qualification is definitely valid for government jobs in India. If the given job asks for a degree in any discipline, then surely your degree from IGNOU is valid for it.

Just make sure that you have the required qualification according to the kind of job. Rest, IGNOU is a recognized university.
31st October 2016, 06:59 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

The Indira Gandhi National Open University, known as IGNOU, is a distance learning national university located in IGNOU road, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi, India.

As per my knowledge, you are eligible to apply for railways job after completion of graduation degree course in political science from Indira Gandhi National Open University.
31st October 2016, 07:26 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible for Railways jobs. To be eligible for any competitive examination candidate must be a graduation degree holder from any of the recognized university.
Candidate must have at least 45% aggregate in their graduation.
Candidate age should not less than 21 years and should not more than 30 years.
Your university should be recognized.
31st October 2016, 11:16 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

IGNOU stands for Indira Gandhi National Open University and it is a recognised university and it's degree is valid for recruitment in jobs.

So, you are eligible to appear for entrance examination and after qualifying in entrance examination eligible for recruitment in jobs in railway.

The entrance examination for recruitment in Railway is conducted by RRB. The official website for RRB is www.rrb.gov.in.
31st October 2016, 11:35 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

IGNOU is a recognised university and the certificate from the universities are eligible to appear for entrance examination and for higher studies.

So, you will be eligible to appear for entrance examination to get jobs in railway department also.

For final recruitment in jobs you need to appear and qualify in examination. For more information about examination visit at www.rrb.gov.in.
1st November 2016, 12:27 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are very much eligible to apply for jobs in railways after completion of your graduation in Political Science from IGNOU, there is no such problem in it. IGNOU is a well recognized University and is very much accepted in various institutes and government as well as private sectors, you should just fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria for the job.
1st November 2016, 09:02 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sir/Mam,

Yes, you are eligible for Railway Jobs like Group D exam.

Eligibility criteria for Group D post:-

1) Those candidates who have completed 10th standard from recognized board are eligible for Railway Group D post.

2) Your minimum age should be 18 years.
1st November 2016, 12:34 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sir/Mam,

Yes, you are eligible to apply for railways job after completion of graduation degree course in political science from IGNOU. The Railway Board has accepted the IGNOU degree/diploma for the purpose of employment in Railways. So you are eligible for various posts in Railways with degree from IGNOU. The IGNOU is recognized as a Central University by UGC.
1st November 2016, 04:45 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

You are doing graduation degree from IGNOU and want to know whether your degree course is eligible for railway exam and other exams or not.

**Yes, definitely you are eligible for railway and other exams after completion of degree subjected to condition that you must under the age limit criteria of that exam. Basically in govt. exams it does not matter whether you have passed your graduation course through distance mode or regular mode. If you pass graduation, you are eligible for the recruitment exams.

Following are the good recruitment exams in which you have to apply:

--SSC CGL

--IBPS PO

--IBPS CLERK

--SBI PO

--Railway Exam and many more.

**Since you are doing your graduation degree. So in my opinion you have to start your preparation in the meanwhile of your graduation degree. It will help you lot.
1st September 2017, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir, I am doing graduation in Industrial Engineering from Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering (Mumbai). I am below the age 34 years. Am I eligible for RRB SSE job ?
8th March 2019, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

Sir/madam,I am exserviceman from army.i have ignou degree certificate.can I apply rrb jobs?
Pls reply me
28th June 2019, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

I am doing my bsc maths from ignou will i be able to appear in all examination for jobs
29th June 2019, 11:37 PM
sharmasheetal

Yes, you are eligible for railways job after completion of graduation degree course in political science from IGNOU.
INGOU stands for Indira Gandhi National Open University and it is an. recognized university.
Candidates those completed their graduation from IGNOU in any discipline that are eligible for all competitive exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?