20th January 2018, 01:17 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to become a professor in any college with 45 percent marks in graduation?

Am I eligible to become a professor in any college with 45 percent marks in graduation? Can you please let me know what type of preparation I need to do next to be eligible? It will be really helpful if you can answer me back soon as possible. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to get admission in Kumaon University with 44% marks in Graduation and 56% marks in post graduation?
  2. What is the eligibility for assistant professor? Am I eligible for Assistant Professor after completing post graduation 24 years back with 53%?
  3. Am I eligible to do B.Ed course with 49.5 percent marks in B.Sc Maths and 62 percent marks in post graduation?
  4. Can I do B.Ed after MCA degree? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. B.Ed possible with 39 percent marks in graduation?
  6. What is the minimum criteria to become an assistant professor in private college or government college?
  7. Am I eligible to get a job in any company having 80 percent in SSLC, 58 percent in PU and 55 percent in graduation?
  8. Am I eligible to become a Professor in any Government college after completing Post Graduation? How can I apply for the Post?
  9. How to become a professor in a government polytechnic in biotechnology department?
  10. What is best, B.Ed after B.Com or M.Com then B.Ed?
  11. Am I eligible to do B.Ed after completion of graduation with 50 percent marks?
  12. Procedure to become a Professor after Graduation with 70% marks?
  13. Am I eligible to get admission in UP BTC if I have only 50 percent marks in high school?
  14. Procedure to become a Computer Teacher
  15. Minimum qualification in graduation and post graduation to be eligible for UGC NET exam 2018? -- [New]
  16. Am I eligible to give the SET exam in Andhra Pradesh with 55% marks in Post graduation?
  17. Can I get Government Job after completion of BCA course at the age of 36?
  18. Am I eligible to apply for WBCS with only 50 percent marks in B.Sc?
21st January 2018, 06:16 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become a professor in any college with 45 percent marks in graduation?

In order to become a professor in any college, graduation is not enough. You have to complete your master's degree from a recognized university. Then you have to apply for UGC-NET/JRF examination. After qualifying the examination, you will be eligible to pursue PhD. Now you have to complete the 2 years doctorate degree with good marks from a recognized university. After completing the course, you can get the job of an assistant professor in the beginning. Later on you will get promoted as a professor depending upon your performance and experience.
21st January 2018, 08:21 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become a professor in any college with 45 percent marks in graduation?

First thing I would like to let you know that to be a professor at a recognized university of India you need to qualify NET/SET ( National/State Eligible Test ).

Further, for appearing in NET/SET the minimum educational qualification required is master degree course in any discipline with at least 55% marks from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for reserved category candidates from a recognized university.

As far as you are concerned about the preparation for NET/SET examination than for that, you just need to be very regular with your academics and should prepare from last year papers and sample papers of the same examination to mold your prepare as per the pattern of examination.
23rd January 2018, 11:50 PM
MNB1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to become a professor in any college with 45 percent marks in graduation? Can you please let me know what type of preparation I need to do next to be eligible? It will be really helpful if you can answer me back soon as possible. Thank you!
If you want to become college professor than follow below steps:

First complete your Post graduation.
In Post Graduation score minimum aggregate marks of 55%.

After that you have to appear in the UGC NET exams.
This exam is conducted to give you eligibility to apply for Asst Professor jobs in Colleges.

If you clear this exam, than you can apply for the Professor Jobs in Colleges.

Alternatively you can do PHD after completing your Post graduation.
13th August 2022, 03:27 AM
Unregistered

I want to become government college lecture. Can you tell how much percentage want I score for?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?