1st May 2016, 01:12 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for doing M.Tech course after completion of graduation in maths?

Am I eligible for doing M.Tech course after completion of graduation in maths? Can you please let me know the minimum criteria needed for the same? It will be helpful if you can answer me back as soon as possible. Please guide me with the information.

1st May 2016, 09:56 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for doing M.Tech course after completion of graduation in maths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible for doing M.Tech course after completion of graduation in maths? Can you please let me know the minimum criteria needed for the same? It will be helpful if you can answer me back as soon as possible. Please guide me with the information.
After completion in graduation degree in mathematics, you can not apply for M.Tech course.

But those candidates who have completed M.Sc in Mathematics are eligible for M.Tech course.

But you should qualify in GATE exam.
1st May 2016, 01:24 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for doing M.Tech course after completion of graduation in maths?

To be eligible to do M.Tech course, the candidate must have completed Graduation in B.E/B.Tech course. Candidates who have pursued B.Sc and M.Sc course are also eligible to do M.Tech course. So, I suggest you to check the required eligibility criteria before applying for admission to M.Tech course on the basis of your Graduation in Mathematics.
1st May 2016, 03:04 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to get admission in M.Tech course after completion of your graduation in mathematics as the minimum educational requirement in order for any candidate to get admission in the above mentioned course in that he/she should have completed their B.Tech degree from a recognized University.
1st May 2016, 08:51 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Graduation in maths is not enough for M.Tech admission in any situation. You need to have M.Sc in maths to become eligible for M.Tech through GATE.

Hence, if your aim is M.Tech then doing M.Sc maths will be your next step and then after that you will be eligible for GATE which is required for M.Tech admission.
1st May 2016, 10:26 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

M.Tech stands for Master of Technology. The eligibility criteria for M.Tech is:

1. Bachelor's degree in engineering or technology from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for GATE exam for M.Tech admission.

Other criteria is to have master' s degree in science, mathematics or computer application from a recognized university to apply for GATE exam.

You are not eligible for M.Tech after graduation in Maths, you must do master's degree in mathematics to apply for GATE exam for M.Tech. You can apply for JAM exam for Master's degree in Mathematics from IIT.
2nd May 2016, 12:16 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sorry that you are not eligible for M.Tech after completing Graduation in Mathematics course. In order to be eligible for M.Tech course, candidates must complete B.Tech or B.Tech in concerned specialization from a recognized university. Apart from the education qualification the candidate must appear and qualify in the entrance exam conducted by the respective university. Those who already qualify in the GATE exam are also eligible.
2nd May 2016, 12:50 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Sorry, you are not eligible to study M.Tech directly after the completion of graduation in Mathematics.
The aspirant can study MCA or B.Tech course after B.Sc in Mathematics. But you cannot study M.Tech directly after B.Sc in Mathematics. The eligibility to study the M.Tech is a pass in B.E/B.Tech with good marks from a recognised university. There will be an entrance examination for the admission to the course in some of the reputed colleges. You may choose MCA or can choose B.Tech after B.Sc in Mathematics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?