5th September 2012, 12:48 PM

How to become an IPS officer? I am studying degree in final year

Im stedying degree final year so i want becom a IPS officer but i dnt no how to becom an ips officer i dnt no any information that

12th September 2012, 07:17 PM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: How to become an IPS officer? I am studying degree in final year

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Im stedying degree final year so i want becom a IPS officer but i dnt no how to becom an ips officer i dnt no any information that
Dear Aspirant!

IPS stands for INDIAN POLICE SERVICE. As you mentioned that you are studying in the Final year
of your degree course so now you are eligible to apply for IPS Officer service. You can also apply
for IPS officer service after completing your graduation degree course.

To join IPS Officer post, you have to crack civil service examination which is organized by
UPSC{Union Public Service Commission} one time in a year. Any graduates having graduation
degree are eligible to appear in this examination. Candidate can also apply for this while studying
in the final year of Graduation degree. Both male and female candidates are eligible to appear in
this exam. To appear in this exam your age should be in between 21 to 30 years if from general
category, 21 to 33 years if you are from obc category & 21 to 35 years if belonging to sc/st
category. Only Indian citizens are allowed to appear in this exam.

Physical Standard required for IPS Officer

Civil Service Examination conducted for IPS officer post has divided into four stages as mention below.

->Preliminary exam
->Main Exam
->Physical Test

Pattern of Civil Service Preliminary Exam

Pattern of Civil Service Main Examination

You can apply for this exam in two modes, Online OR Offline. In Online process you need to visit
UPSC official website & there would be a link through which you can fill Application form for this exam
Where as in Offline mode you have to purchase Application form from head post office against pay of Rs. 100/-

For more detail reagrding UPSC examination visit official website:- http://upsc.gov.in
12th September 2012, 08:48 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IPS officer? I am studying degree in final year

hi,
IPS exam stands for indian police service exam which is conducted by upsc in a year.
You are final year student of your degree,then you are eligible ips exam.
You must be passed graduation from a recognized board.
Age limit is 21 to 30 years.
Age relaxation is given by goverment rules.
For more:-
www.upsc.gov.in
12th September 2012, 11:45 PM
MOUSE92

dear,

for becoming ips officer you have to face all civil services exam

and the eligibility for ips exam:

--any graduated student can apply for this exam

--age limit:

general: 21 to 30 yrs

obc: 21 to 33 yrs

st/sc: 21 to 35 yrs

physical standard:

males:165 cm

female: 150 cm

selection procedure:

prelim exam

main exam

interview

you have start preparation with qualifying prelim exam and then qualify rest stages

you have to make good and followable time able

good luck
7th October 2012, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

after degree how many year i should wait for ips job?
8th October 2012, 03:30 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

>> This examination is a common examination conducted for selection to the other two All India Services as well as various other Group A and Group B services under the Central Government.

>> This examination consists of three stages. At stage one, there is an objective type examination called the Preliminary examination. This is a qualifying examination and only the candidates who clears this can appear for the next stage called the Main examination.

>> In the Main examination each candidate has to select two optional subjects, apart from which all candidates have to take a General Studies, Essay and compulsory language exam.

>> The Main examination is a very intensive subjective type examination for which marks are awarded. A shortlist is prepared on the basis of the Main examination and these candidates can compete in the third and final stage of exam called the Viva voce or the Interview.

>> The marks of the Main examination and the Interview are combined to prepare a final merit list of selected candidates.

Eligibility and Criteria:
A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree in any Discipline with atlest 55% from recognise universities.
Final year students are also applicable.

Age limit:

General category student:- 21-30 years.
OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.
SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.

No. Attempt:
General - max. 4
OBC - max. 7.
SC/ST - No limit
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?