19th November 2016, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

Can I join the Indian Army directly after graduation with BA?

Respected Sir, I Am Nasen Chakma 24 Years Old Studying in B.A in Holy Cross College at Agartala and Will Be Graduating in next year in the month of July. Is it Possible to Join the Indian Army After my Graduation? If yes then please tell me the procedure.

20th November 2016, 08:30 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join the Indian Army directly after graduation with BA?

For joining Indian Army after graduation, you need to crack exam like CDS which is conducted by UPSC. Your age should be between 19 to 25 years to become eligible for it. Hence, you should complete graduation and crack the exam next to join, otherwise, you have no chance being a 24 years old.

Selection will be based on the performance in written exam and SSB interview. Just make sure that you have are well prepared for these stages.
20th November 2016, 09:05 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Army directly after completion of your graduation with B.A course. To join Indian Army, you have to appear in CDS examination conducted by UPSC. Eligibility criteria required to join Indian Army is mentioned below :_

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent from a recognised university.

3. You should be within 19-24 years of age.

4. You should be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC CDS examination notification.
20th November 2016, 09:17 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

As you are pursuing BA, so you are eligible to join Indian Army after completing your graduation. But, you cannot join directly after graduation, for that you have to appear for CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC. To appear for this examination you must complete your graduation from a recognized college/university and should be in the age boundary of 20-27 years. After clearing the examination you will be called for physical/medical test followed by personal interview for the final selection.

Candidates who want to join Indian Army directly after graduation must hold a NCC certificate and they don't have to appear for any written examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?