9th January 2014, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to appear for IAF test without pass certificate? Criteria for son of Ex-Serviceman?

Respected Sir/Madam,

I'm a 24 year old bachelor -Dennis John (s/o Ex-IAF) working in a private firm. I'm keenly interested in joining the Indian Air Force and serve the nation. On looking into the official website of IAF, I had gathered few details on the qualification.
I am a post graduate completed MS in Computer science and Engineering and waiting for the degree. As I saw that the age limit for officers under Technical branch is 25, I would like to know whether it is possible to appear for the test without my degree but with mark sheets?
Is there any special criteria to join as a son/daughter of an Ex-Serviceman, IAF?
If so, please provide me further details on the same.

Thank You

16th January 2014, 05:59 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to appear for IAF test without pass certificate? Criteria for son of Ex-Serviceman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Madam,

I'm a 24 year old bachelor -Dennis John (s/o Ex-IAF) working in a private firm. I'm keenly interested in joining the Indian Air Force and serve the nation. On looking into the official website of IAF, I had gathered few details on the qualification.
I am a post graduate completed MS in Computer science and Engineering and waiting for the degree. As I saw that the age limit for officers under Technical branch is 25, I would like to know whether it is possible to appear for the test without my degree but with mark sheets?
Is there any special criteria to join as a son/daughter of an Ex-Serviceman, IAF?
If so, please provide me further details on the same.

Thank You

Hey friend,

The information which you have told are absolutely right and it is good to see your interest in joining in Indian Air Force which is a Defence force of India.You can write the AFCAT Exam

AFCAT - Air Force Common Admission Test

This exam is conducted for candidate to join in Branches such as:
  • Ground Duty Branch
  • Flying Branch
  • Technical Branch

As per the Education qualification of yours you can apply for all the Branches but when at the same time when you can need to satisfy the age limit also which makes you ineligible for two of the branches such as the Ground Duty Branch and the Flying Branch as for those two branches the candidate need to have 20-23 years for joining in Ground Duty Branch and for the Flying Branch it is 19-23 years.

But you can join in Technical Branch you can join in this branch as you would need to have completed a degree from a recognized university with a fair percentage.The candidate appaering for the exam must be Physically fit.

For Men the Height needed is 157.5 cms and Weight is Correlated Weight
For Women the Height needed is 152 cms and the weight is Correlated Weight

ALL THE BEST
15th May 2015, 03:48 PM
amanshrivastava98

Default Re: Is it possible to appear for IAF test without pass certificate? Criteria for son of Ex-Serviceman?

• AFCAT stands for the Air Force Common Admission Test.

It is the test conducted by the India Air Force twice the year for the recruitment of Engineers as the officers in the IAF.

According to the notification released by the IAF, the eligibility criteria is as follows :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should be mentally and physically fit.

* The candidate should have done the Engineering (BE/BTech) from any stream.

* The minimum age for appearing is 21 years at least.

You can appear in the examination right from the final year of your Engineering degree.

So, you apply for AFCAT on the basis of the graduation degree, so you should have that only, no matter you have got your PG degree or not.
27th September 2017, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir/Madam, I'm a 24 year old I'm keenly interested in joining the Indian Air Force and serve the nation.
I am a 12th pass from nios and completed 1 semester Computer from niit and,
Is there any special criteria to join as a son/daughter of an Ex-Serviceman,
If so, please provide me further details on 9613641993.

Thank You
18th May 2020, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

Sir I ask you I am defence job 13 years completed I trying to up si my qualifications is ot complete at I this join the ul si
Whit is this process and what is required the document ex man .
Pleas information
I am wait for you solution
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?