15th June 2015, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria asked for joining Army? Am I eligible to join if I have done my graduation in commerce?

What is the eligibility criteria asked for joining Army? Am I eligible to join if I have done my graduation in commerce? Can someone please give me the minimum criteria they will ask for? What are the courses which I need to do to be eligible?

Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. What are the requirements asked for IPCC joining after graduation? Am I eligible after completion of B.Com with 70% marks? -- [New]
  2. Am I eligible to join Indian Army if pursuing B.Com Pass? What kind of posts are available for me in Indian Army?
  3. Am I eligible to join Army being a candidate pursuing B.Com with Maths and with an age of 19 years?
  4. What are the steps to follow for getting into army right after graduation?
  5. Can I apply for Indian Army being a girl while doing Graduation?
  6. Criteria for joining Army after B.Tech IT?
  7. What is the criteria to join Indian Army as a soldier?
  8. Can I join Indian Army after graduating in Arts if Hotel management is not acceptable?
  9. What is the minimum eligibility criteria asked for joining as fighter pilot in Indian Air Force?
  10. Eligibility criteria to join Indian Army?
  11. Procedure to join Indian Army? Criteria for selection? Qualifications required for admission? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Eligibility to get admission in B.Ed for a candidate who has secured 59% in Post Graduation and 44% in Graduation?
  13. How should I join Hotel management course after completing graduation from commerce?
  14. Am I eligible to join Indian Army with mentioned subjects in 12th standard? Procedure to join?
  15. How to join Army after graduation? What is the procedure to be followed?
  16. How to join in Indian Army as a Female After graduation
  17. Should I go for a job or higher studies after having few backlogs in 6th semester? Will the backlogs affect me for higher studies?
  18. Can I join Indian Army after passing commerce?
16th June 2015, 07:50 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria asked for joining Army? Am I eligible to join if I have done my graduation in commerce?

Yes, you are eligible to join in Army after completion of your Graduation in Commerce stream from a recognised university. To join in Army after completion of your Graduation, you need to appear in CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year.

Eligibility Criteria :-
1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 19-24 years of age.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC CDS examination notification.
16th June 2015, 11:28 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria asked for joining Army? Am I eligible to join if I have done my graduation in commerce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the eligibility criteria asked for joining Army? Am I eligible to join if I have done my graduation in commerce? Can someone please give me the minimum criteria they will ask for? What are the courses which I need to do to be eligible?

Thank you!
You have done graduation degree in commerce so you are eligible for Indian Army through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years

For more details about CDS exam and application process, you can visit to the official website http://www.upsc.gov.in
16th June 2015, 01:01 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria required to Join Indian Army:

Educational Qualification:

* Candidates must have passed "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

* Candidates who are appearing their Final year of Graduation are also eligible to join Indian Army.

* There is no certain minimum percentage is required in order to be eligible and the basic eligibility criteria is Candidates must have PASSED the requisite Educational Qualification.

* Yes, you will be eligible to join Indian Army even after completion of Graduation in Commerce Stream.

* The Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) course itself meets the required eligibility criteria and I do not think some other courses need to be studied thereafter. But try to concentrate on the sections covered in Indian Army Recruitment Examination to score good marks.

* The minimum Age Required to be eligible is 21 years and the maximum age must not exceed 27 years, there will be an age relaxation for reserved category candidates.
16th June 2015, 03:45 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

To join Indian Army after graduation in Commerce you have to apply for CDS.

Eligibility Criteria for it is :

19-24 Years : Indian Military Academy
19-22 Years : Naval Academy
19-23 Years : Air Force Academy
19-25 Years :Officers’ Training Academy

Candidate must be citizen of India.

Fore more details please visit : CDS

Please find the attachment for the syllabus and exam pattern.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR CDS EXAMINATION.pdf(34.8 KB, 95 views)
16th June 2015, 04:48 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to apply for Indian Army after completion of graduation with Commerce. Actually there is a Exam called " CDS( Combined Defense Services ) Exam to join into Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force.

But there is No chance to enter into Indian Air Force and Indian Navy with Commerce as your stream in your graduation. For the details about the Indian Army you need to have a look on the below things.

Eligibility to apply for Indian Army for Commerce students :

>> You should have complete the graduation from the recognized University with minimum percentage of marks.

>> There is No requirement of Specific percentage for Indian Army .

>> Age should be in between these limits based on UPSC Norms.

--- Minimum Age : 19 years

-- Maximum Age : 24 years.

>> Selection process will be based on Written Examination and SSB Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?