9th May 2017, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

Can a M.Com become Lecturer through NET SET exam? Eligibility for NET SET exam? Will I have to do M.Phil?

I am 29 years old and have done M.Com now I want to become a Lecturer. Can I become Lecturer through NET SET exam? Am I eligible for NET SET exam? Will I have to do M.Phil?

22nd May 2017, 10:35 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a M.Com become Lecturer through NET SET exam? Eligibility for NET SET exam? Will I have to do M.Phil?

No, it is not necessary to pursue M.Phil to apply for NET or SET examination. Candidates who have completed their master's degree with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible to apply for these examinations. Through NET you can apply for lecturer job in any college/university in India and through SET you can apply for the same position only within the respective state.

There is no age limit to apply for lecturer position, so after M.Com you can appear for any of these examinations and can apply in any college/university.
23rd May 2017, 07:05 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a M.Com become Lecturer through NET SET exam? Eligibility for NET SET exam? Will I have to do M.Phil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 29 years old and have done M.Com now I want to become a Lecturer. Can I become Lecturer through NET SET exam? Am I eligible for NET SET exam? Will I have to do M.Phil?
Yes, you can eligible for the post of lecturer through UGC NET and SET exam. But your M.Com marks must be above 55% from a recognized University.

If you fulfill above criteria then you are eligible for UGC NET and SET exam. You can do M.Phil course also.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?