26th October 2017, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

Possibility to do PhD in Economic Studies & Planning from University of Calcutta? When to apply for it?

Sir, I am Masters in Economics and now want to do PhD in Economic Studies & Planning. So, tell me how can I do it from University of Calcutta? When to apply for it?

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information and procedure to apply for Ph.D program in Calcutta University for MBA(HR) student? Can I get scholarship?
  2. Does Calcutta University offer PhD in Mathematics course? Eligibility to apply for M.Sc candidate?
  3. In which entrance exam I have to appear for studying PhD in Calcutta University?
  4. In which entrance exam I have to appear to study PhD in Calcutta University?
  5. When application of PhD in Ancient History & Culture starts at Calcutta University?
  6. Possibility to do PhD on Secondary Metabolites from Medicinal Plants topic from University of Calcutta? How can I enroll?
  7. Possibility to study M.Sc(Psychology) for B.Sc(Botany) final year student? Procedure to apply in Calcutta University?
  8. How to apply for PhD in Journalism & Mass Communication or Media Studies at Anna University?
  9. Detailed information about PhD(History) program in Calcutta University? Is there any scholarship available to study PhD?
  10. Does Calcutta University offer PhD in Economics course? Procedure to fillup the application form? -- [New]
  11. Is it worthy to study Part Time PhD in Information Technology at University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun?
  12. How can I apply to get scholarship for for further studies in MA and PhD from LSE? Should I have to appear in any entrance exam?
  13. How to prepare for economics hons course from Calcutta University? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Procedure to apply for PhD in Environmental Science program in Burdwan University for M.Sc postgraduate of Calcutta University?
  15. Can I study PhD in Journalism if completed in Area Studies? Age limit to apply for it? Possibility to get job after completing PhD in Journalism?
  16. PhD Journalism & Mass Communication or Media Studies from Anna University?
  17. Does Calcutta University offer PhD in History?
  18. How much percentage in required in graduation to attain admission in M.Sc courses under Calcutta University?
28th October 2017, 12:20 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to do PhD in Economic Studies & Planning from University of Calcutta? When to apply for it?

Every university releases the admission notification and there is no fixed date for it. They release the notification according to the university timetable.

Just make sure you keep track of all the notification by the university and apply according to the notification. Admission will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and interview.
28th October 2017, 02:29 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to do PhD in Economic Studies & Planning from University of Calcutta? When to apply for it?

I am very happy to tell you that definitely you can apply for the Ph.D course in Economic Studies and Planning form University of Calcutta, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in Economics from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in the above mentioned stream from University of Calcutta.
Eligible candidates then have to qualify in the NET examination conducted by UGC to get admission under the University for Ph.D admission. Admission is based om the marks scored in the NET examination.
For more details, contact to the below official website of University of Calcutta.

http://www.caluniv.ac.in/admission/applicationform.html
28th October 2017, 10:50 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, direct PhD in Economic Studies and Planning course is not offered by University of Calcutta. Instead, it's equivalent course, Urban Economics course is offered by University of Calcutta.

Master's Degree in any discipline in or it's concerned stream is required in order to be eligible for doing this course. I am providing you a link where you may find all the details of this center for Urban Economic studies.

Research recruitment notification will be uploaded on it's official website and then you are required to apply for this course. Application forms can be downloaded from it's official website and other more details can be obtained from the link that is given below.

Click here for More Details

Click here for Centre for Urban Economic Studies
2nd November 2017, 12:34 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am Masters in Economics and now want to do PhD in Economic Studies & Planning. So, tell me how can I do it from University of Calcutta? When to apply for it?
You have completed Masters degree in Economics so you are eligible for Ph.D course in Calcutta University but your masters degree marks must be above 55% from a recognized University.

You must have valid UGC NET score card to get admission in Calcutta University for Ph.D course.

You can apply here in the month of June and December.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?