1st March 2017, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do Ph.D in Economics after completion of bachelors degree?

Is it possible to do Ph.D in Economics after completion of bachelors degree? What should be the way I need to follow for the same? Can you please give me the complete details on this as soon as possible? Awaiting to get the response soon. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Masters degree in Agricultural Economics after Bachelors Degree in Agricultural Economic a better option than doing a job after Bachelor's?
  2. How to do Ph.D. in Economics being an Economics Honours graduate?
  3. What all subjects are available for me to do Ph.D in Bangalore?
  4. Is it beneficial to study PhD in Economics for M.Sc(Economics) candidate?
  5. Can i become a Businesswomen after completing Graduation in Economics?
  6. Courses other than PhD for M.A.(Economics) candidate?
  7. Universities offering PHD in Economics without requiring Masters degree? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Best college, requirements and duration of PhD Economics? Scope after this course?
  9. How can I apply to do PhD in Economics if secured 55% in M.A.? Advantages of doing PhD in Economics?
  10. How to prepare for the interview of Deputy Field Officer, DFO(GD)?
  11. Detailed information about IGNOU centres which offer PhD in Economics course in Southern India?
  12. M.Sc in Astrophysics or Physics is possible to do after B.Sc in Maths and Economics? Is it possible to present my several Pro Certificates in lieu of a proper Astrophysics or Physics course if I am not eligible?
  13. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D after completion of MA in Economics?
  14. Colleges which offer PhD in Tax/Economics in Mumbai? Scope of study PhD in Tax/Economics?
  15. Can I do masters in petroleum geology after completion of bachelors degree in Geography?
  16. Does B.E. equivalent to M.Sc? Will they be given same importance?
  17. Which one is better between BHMS and B.Ed or M.Sc and Ph.D? -- [New]
  18. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Physics in part time without completion of master's degree?
3rd March 2017, 11:40 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do Ph.D in Economics after completion of bachelors degree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it possible to do Ph.D in Economics after completion of bachelors degree? What should be the way I need to follow for the same? Can you please give me the complete details on this as soon as possible? Awaiting to get the response soon. Thank you!

No, it is not possible to do PhD in Economics after completion of bachelor’s degree. Candidates who want to apply for PhD in Economics must have passed Master’s Degree in Economics with a minimum of 55% marks. They have to appear for a Research Entrance Test and Interview conducted by the university for the admission. Candidates those who have already passed NET or SET or GATE shall be exempted from the Research Entrance Test conducted by the university. The above given is the common admission procedure for PhD in Economics in India. So you have to study MA or M.Sc Economics to pursue PhD in Economics.
3rd March 2017, 05:01 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do Ph.D in Economics after completion of bachelors degree?

Eligibility Criteria Required to pursue Ph.D in Economics:

There is a certain eligibility criteria that is required to pursue Ph.D in Economics. Based on the above mentioned criteria, I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible to pursue Ph.D in Economics course.

The basic educational qualification required to pursue this Ph.D in Economics course is "Master's Degree" or Post Graduation with Economics as the main stream in order to be eligible. Or else candidates from M.Phil background are also eligible to pursue this Ph.D in Economics course.

Besides this you must have appeared and scored well in National Eligibility Test in order to pursue Ph.D in Economics course.
3rd March 2017, 07:58 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that it is not possible to pursue the Ph.D course after the completion of the Bachelors degree course. You need to complete your Masters degree course to do the same.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree course in the relevant from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course.
3rd March 2017, 08:45 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, Bachelor degree holder candidates are not eligible for Ph.D course in Economics.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized University with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

So first complete your masters then you can apply for Ph.D course through UGC NET score card.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?