15th March 2015, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to do M.Tech if want to appear in UGC-NET for PhD course? Is it possible to appear in UGC-NET after part time M.Tech?

Hello everyone,
I have passed my B.Tech in CSE and I want to know whether I can write UGC-NET now or I have to complete my M.Tech first then I will be eligible for the same? if have to complete my M.Tech then part-time or regular M.Tech matters for UGC NET or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Should I have to do M.Tech if want to appear in UGC-NET for PhD course? Is it possible to appear in UGC-NET after part time M.Tech? -- [New]
  2. Either UGC CSIR or UGC NET for M.Tech degree holder?
  3. Procedure to get admission in Ph.D(Pharmaceutics)? For which subject I should apply for UGC-NET if want to study Ph.D in Ceutics? Basic difference between Part Time and Full Time Ph.D?
  4. PHD in ECE without Gate score card or CSIR UGC NET score?
  5. M.tech Computer Science student eligible to write NET? Syllabus for UGC NET?
  6. In which entrance exam should I appear among CSIR-NET, UGC-NET, ARS-NET, ICAR-NET and SLET to do PhD?
  7. Done MBA and also answered UGC NET exam : Am I eligible for PhD? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How to do Ph.D after M.Pharmaceutics? Difference between parttime and fulltime PhD?
  9. Can we do research part time after qualifying JRF?
  10. Procedure to study PhD through UGC-NET for M.A.(History) postgraduate?
  11. Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET to study PhD in Hindi if completed M.A.(Hindi) and B.Com?
  12. Should I first clear the UGC-NET for becoming lecture in government colleges or I should directly apply for the same? I have done M.Tech degree
  13. Procedure to join part time M.E/M.Tech in Anna University? What is the timing of part time M.Tech?
  14. List of UGC recognized universities which offer part time PhD in Hindi
  15. What is the limit of UGC-NET scorecard? It is necessary to reappear if limit is over?
  16. Books to be referred for UGC NET? I have scored 58%
  17. Detail of notification of SLET exam for computer science?
  18. Am I eligible for UGC NET if I am 31 years old?
29th May 2015, 04:39 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to do M.Tech if want to appear in UGC-NET for PhD course? Is it possible to appear in UGC-NET after part time M.Tech?

For CSIR NET you can apply on the basis of your B.Tech qualification. B.Tech with 60% marks will make your eligible for Engineering Sciences subject in CSIR NET. In fact for Engineering graduates CSIR NET is better option rather than UGC NET. So, apply for CSIR NET without any worries. You will need M.Tech degree to become eligible for lecturer job in government colleges along with NET scorecard.

For Ph.D admission you can apply with B.Tech degree also if you have GATE/NET/JRF qualification. Some of the top institutes like IITs offer admission to B.Tech candidates who have GATE score in Ph.D program of the respective discipline. Hence, don't worry and apply for NET if you fulfill the percentage criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?