22nd November 2017, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

Scholarships for economically weak section students? Criteria for the same?

Hello Sir, presently I'm in Bhagat Singh evening college and doing my second year in geography honors. I want to continue my studies in this field of geography but my family status is not very good I belong to scheduled caste, that's why I'm finding scholarship which JNU offers for economically weaker section students who want to continue their studies and also wanted to know what will be the criteria to appear for that scholarship.

30th November 2017, 01:38 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Scholarships for economically weak section students? Criteria for the same?

JNU offers various scholarships for economically weaker students for their higher studies.

Some of them are:-
Merit-cum-Means Scholarships:- This scholarship is available for deserving and meritorious students whose parent's income does not exceed Rs. 1,00,000/- per annum.

Ford Foundation Scholarships:- This scholarship of the value of Rs. 700/- per month are available for students of the M.A programme.

Tendulkar Scholarship:- This scholarship of the value Rs. 400/- per month is awarded to 2 students for a period of 2 years of various centres of school of social science in rotation.

Prof. M J K Thavaraj MCM Scholarship:- There are 2 scholarships of worth Rs.300/- each per month and Rs.2000/- as contingency are awarded on merit to M.A programmers.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?