8th October 2016, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

Scope of studying M.A.(English Literature) for English graduate?

I have done with my B.A. in English Honours. Now I want to do M.A. in English Literature. But I don't know after this M.A. what I would do? I want to know the scope of this M.A. course. Please let me know the scope.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for admission in Punjabi University Patiala after scoring an AIEEE state rank of 3774?
  2. Can a B.A English Literature graduate pursue MSW Course after UG Graduation? What is the scope of MSW course for B.A English Literature Graduates?
  3. What are the career options in English Literature after 12th? What is its scope?
  4. Books to be referred to prepare for the entrance of masters in Linguistics?
  5. What should I choose after completion of my BA in English literature? I have a good communication skill in English -- [Most Discussed]
  6. What is the procedure followed to do masters in English literature in correspondence mode after completion of B.A in English Literature?
  7. Is it possible to MA (English Literature) twice?
  8. What are the different courses in post graduation after B.A in honors English?
  9. What is the qualification required to do M.A English Literature? Is it possible to do M.A English Literature after B.Com
  10. MA in Psychology after B.A in English Literature? MA in English literature along with diploma in Psychology? Duration of diploma course?
  11. What should I do to study English Literature in Abroad being B.A. student?
  12. Which stream should i choose in class 11th for studying English Literature and Functional English?
  13. How to do M.A English Literature through distance?
  14. How to join M.Phil and Ph.D course after doing PG in English Language and Literature from MG University Kerala?
  15. In which country I should pursue M.A. and PhD(English Literature) in Abroad?
  16. Am I eligible to appear in Delhi University entrance exam for admission in M.A.(English Literature) being a BCA graduate?
  17. Is it possible to do PhD in English Literature on 12th basis?
  18. Phd in english literature from R.S.S.U university of Raipur (C.G). procedure and papers
10th October 2016, 05:52 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Scope of studying M.A.(English Literature) for English graduate?

After completion of the above mentioned course, there ara various career opportunities you could opt for.

You can get a job in any newspaper printing or editing firm, also you can get job in various top news channels such as NDTV, CNN, etc.

There are also various other career opportunties apart from the ones mentioned above;

> Novelist.

> Teacher.

> Writer.

> Freelancer writer/ Content developer, etc.

Some of the government jobs you could opt for are;

> IBPS.

> UPSC.

> Civil Service.

> Translator, etc.

You should therefore not worry about your career field as there are many. You just need to concentrate on your studies and move ahead.
10th October 2016, 10:55 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Scope of studying M.A.(English Literature) for English graduate?

M.A in English literature will help you to become lecturer in colleges. This is the only thing you can do after M.A. It is mostly for those who want to teach in schools and colleges.

For schools B.Ed is extra qualification and for colleges, you need to qualify NET/SET. You can also start your own English speaking classes institute too.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?