4th February 2018, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get a software engineering job after completion of BCA course?

Am I eligible to get a software engineering job after completion of BCA course? Can you please give me the steps which are followed to apply for the job? It will be really helpful if you can get back to me soon as possible on the same. Thank you!

7th February 2018, 01:12 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get a software engineering job after completion of BCA course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to get a software engineering job after completion of BCA course? Can you please give me the steps which are followed to apply for the job? It will be really helpful if you can get back to me soon as possible on the same. Thank you!

Yes, you are eligible to get a software job after completion of BCA course. You should have scored at least 60% marks in BCA for getting a job in the software industry. You should not have any pending backlogs or not more than two year gap in education to get a job in software companies. Many top MNCs recruit candidates who have studied MCA with good academic record. Therefore, it is advisable to do an MCA after completion of BCA to get a job in top MNCs also. Your chances of getting a job in the software industry are high after completion of MCA.
7th February 2018, 10:44 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get a software engineering job after completion of BCA course?

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to get employment opportunities in top MNC companies with BCA qualification. Because there is a certain educational qualification required in order to be eligible.

>> One of the below mentioned qualifications must be there in order to be eligible.
* B.E/ B.Tech
* MCA
* M.E/ M.Tech
* M.Sc in Computer Science ..etc.,

>> As you are from BCA background, you may find employment opportunities in small scale IT companies.

>> You must have secured minimum 60% marks throughout the academics in order to be eligible.
8th February 2018, 11:36 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Most of the top IT companies usually prefer candidates with B.Tech CSE or MCA qualification for fresher software engineer job. Selection is based on the performance in the interview.

You can try for job at smaller IT companies, if you have got BCA qualification only. Although it would be better to complete MCA to get better jobs.
8th February 2018, 05:20 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely you are eligible for Software Engineering jobs after the completion of your BCA course.
You have completed your Bachelors degree in Computer Application, so you can very much apply at different organisation for the respective position. You will be called for the interview accordingly based on your qualification and the requirement of the companies. Forward your resume to some job portals as well which will help you to grab an opportunity.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?