21st August 2014, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

Cognizant or M.Tech what should I choose?

Hello friends....

I just gave GATE 2012 for the sake of giving ...but anyhow managed to get score 634 and AIR 1207.

Also I'm not sure abt that whether I an make it to IITs/NITs with this score or not ...

I'm already placed in a well known MNC like Cognizant ...so before GATE result I was planning to go to Cognizant. A was not even thinking abt M.Tech as I was not expecting such result.....But after this awesome unexpected score I'm very very confused that where to go...

I know there's one more option for me to get 1 year industry experience and then go to M.Tech ....But should go for this option???

Please help me out ...friends ...I'm confused ...

Thanking in advance...

10th September 2014, 10:10 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: Cognizant or M.Tech what should I choose?

WHAT TO CHOOSE M.TECH OR COGNIZANT?:

Yes, with 1207 AIR is pretty difficult to get in IITs/NITs but still you can apply for other reputed colleges for M.Tech where you have a ample of opportunities to learn more and perform well. Now let me give you some pointers which will make you think and take a decision of your own so that you won't regret in later stage,

-> Getting a job in IT sector these days is becoming a very tough job if not in campus placement. So, it's always better to grab the chance when you get one but if you are sure that you will perform well in your M.Tech course and then get the job right in the campus placement then well and good.

-> Set a goal before you take the M.Tech course, do not take just for the sake of doing it. Make sure that you will learn more of Engineering and Technology and start preparing for the project right from your start of studies so that you can come out with some good knowledge gain rather just holding a degree because if you go to IT sector you would gain a lot of knowledge when compared with the so called degree in hand. So, make sure that if you take the M.Tech you will use it to the fullest.

-> Come up with innovation ideas with friends and execute that as the project in your M.Tech course.

-> There shouldn't be any room for backlogs in your M.Tech if you have slight doubt on that too then better not to take it.

-> Being in IT sector for 1-2 years and then doing MS course outside country will add more value than the M.Tech course as well.

Try to think about the above points and check out what do you feel in which you are interested in and then go for it!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?