11th April 2015, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

How should I prepare for aptitude round to get placed in the campus placement?

How should I prepare for aptitude round to get placed in the campus placement? Only around 10 days is there for the campus placement to start. What should I do now for this? Is it really possible for me to clear the aptitude round with just 10 days preparation or not?

12th April 2015, 11:39 AM
gopalasamudrum
Senior Member+

Default Re: How should I prepare for aptitude round to get placed in the campus placement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How should I prepare for aptitude round to get placed in the campus placement? Only around 10 days is there for the campus placement to start. What should I do now for this? Is it really possible for me to clear the aptitude round with just 10 days preparation or not?
To prepare for aptitude rounds in placements, I recommend you to refer the following book.

Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations (English) 7th Revised Edition

After clearing aptitude round, you will be called for Group discussion and interview.
12th April 2015, 12:06 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I prepare for aptitude round to get placed in the campus placement?

Aptitude is a vast section. Since you have 10 days in your hand, so you need to devote a lot of time and practice seriously. You must give stress on variety of problems rather than quantity of problems. Some preparation tips are mentioned below.

- Start with R S Agarwal's Quantitative Book for Quantitative Aptitude, for reasoning, you can again refer to R S Agarwal's Verbal and Non-verbal Reasoning book. Go through the concepts and practice problems. Again stress on variety rather than quantity. So practice 2-3 problems of each concept. If time permits then you can go for more.

- Then you can log on to various placement related websites like indiabix, freshersworld, m4maths, etc. to practice questions online.

- Keep a timer and start solving questions. This will give you an idea of your speed and accuracy and way of improvement.

- Solve previous years' papers and revise the concepts daily.
- Be confident, calm and aim to deliver your best in the written test during campus placements.
12th April 2015, 08:41 PM
aide006

Arrow Re: How should I prepare for aptitude round to get placed in the campus placement?

If your maths and english basics are strong from childhood. It is very easy to crack any aptitude test for placements with just 10 days of preparation. But if your case is not as described i.e., with minimum knowledge of english and maths basics. Then you need to do some serious work in this 10 days.

First of all, clear your mind that aptitude test is not that tough. You can easily clear with some preparation. Now analyze your level of comfort. Mostly in aptitude test there will be few Maths questions, English questions, Logical ability questions, Reasoning based questions. If going for software interviews there will C based questions, Computer Awareness based questions etc.,

Completely depends on the nature of the job you apply for. Generally on campus placement related aptitude test will tend to be easier. But you prepare for tough exam. If it is easy you will definitely clear it. If it is tough you will atleast clear the cutoffs.

After analyzing your level of aptitude skills you have to get some good material and start solving the questions in a timely environment. Timely environment because without that you will take hours to solve simple questions. If there is the pressure of time you will work fast and efficiently.

There are some wonderful books for Aptitude exams such as For Mathematics there is R.S. Agarwal (We can say it as industry de facto) And for English (Wren & Martin) is good.

Follow some good quality material in the time of preparation. Prepare for all the levels of questions like easy, moderate and difficult as you do not know the exact pattern you need to be ready for anything.
13th April 2015, 12:44 AM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

For any campus placement there will be three stages which are

1. Aptitude test for screening of the candidates.
2. Technical round
3. Group discussion to check the candidates communication skills.
4. Personal interview.

* Aptitude test mainly contains the basic problems in quantitative, verbal ,logical and reasoning. To crack the aptitude test the candidate must be good at the basics which were studied at the schooling level mathematics.

* To get a clear view on the aptitude test the candidate must practice the previous campus placement papers and practice the R.S. Agarwal book and practice some of the online mock test where you can analyze your strength of areas.

* There are few companies which have section wise cut offs.

* "Nothing is impossible for a willing heart", so start preparing from now onwards as this test is easy and requires some logic to crack them.
15th April 2015, 06:19 PM
Microsoft_Bangalore

Smile Re: How should I prepare for aptitude round to get placed in the campus placement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

You can prepare very well for the campus Interview although you have 10 days left with you. These 10 days can be a milestone for your campus preparation. Since, you need to prepare for the Aptitude test and i can suggest you the best ever book for the aptitude which has all-in-one questions for the aptitude for all the companies. The name of the Book is "R.S Aggarwal for Aptitude." If you go through this book then your campus recruitment is almost cleared. If you will read this book then you are assured about your success in your campus recruitment.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?