28th October 2017, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get admission in school if I completed 10th from NIOS board with 4.8 CGPA?

I have passed my 10th from NIOS and because of only four subjects, I don't know why and how I got only 4.8 CGPA unfortunatly. I wanna take admission in the school in arts, can I take admission in the top school of Chandigarh? Can someone please give me the details on this? Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to get admission in 11th standard CBSE board after completion of 10th in NIOS board?
  2. Procedure to apply for 11th standard in government school after having 6.4 CGPA in 10th standard?
  3. Am I eligible to get admission in any Government college after completing class 10th from NIOS board?
  4. Is it possible to get admission in 11th from regular school after passing 10th from open school?
  5. Will I be able to get admission in any Regular mode schools after completing 10th NIOS?
  6. CGPA required in 10th Board exam to study PCM in 11th standard?
  7. List of Open School Boards which are more valuable than NIOS?
  8. Am I eligible to get admission in 10th NIOS at the age of 20 years if completed 8th?
  9. Am I eligible to get admission in government school after scoring 9.2 CGPA in 10th class from CBSE board?
  10. Am I eligible to do polytechnic course after completion of 10th from NIOS board?
  11. Can I apply for High Schooling under CBSE board having passed 10th from NIOS board? -- [New]
  12. Eligibility to get Government jobs for NIOS students?
  13. How can a 38 years old candidate resume his study in Kerala after 9th standard? I'm good in english, hindi, arabic, malayalam
  14. Can I take admission in normal school after 10th from NIOS?
  15. Can I get admission to study in 12th NIOS immediately if completed 10th NIOS?
  16. Is NIOS better than CBSE for me? Will I get good job or admission in DU with NIOS marks? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Possibility to get transfer from NIOS Board for 10th NIOS student? List of HS Science schools in Kolkata?
  18. Am I eligible to get admission in intermediate college through regular mode if I have completed 10th standard from NIOS board?
31st October 2017, 08:50 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission in school if I completed 10th from NIOS board with 4.8 CGPA?

The qualifying marks in each subject is 33%. So, candidate scored 33% in each paper wiill be considered as passed candidates.

To convert CGPA into percentage multiply the ( CGPA by 9.5 ). So, you have passed.

To get detail about admission procedure in top school of Arts in Chandigarh visit at its official website but it will tough to get admission with such low aggregate.
31st October 2017, 09:44 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission in school if I completed 10th from NIOS board with 4.8 CGPA?

With such a low CGPA, it is very tough to get admission in any of the good schools in any of the streams.

The best option is to repeat 10th or give an improvement exam from the NIOS itself.

Once you improve your CGPA, any school would give you the admission.
31st October 2017, 01:18 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

NIOS ( National Instiute of Open Schooling ) and it is a recognised board under Ministry of Human Resource Development.

Any candidate who have scored 33% or equivalent CGPA in board examination are among passed candidates.

So, with 4.8 CGPA you will be treated among passed candidate. To get admission in top school you have to appear and qualify in entrance test. In some of the school admission is also offered on merit score but due to low aggregate it will be tough to get admission.
31st October 2017, 03:41 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

If your school is recognized by UGC or any other board then, you are eligible to get admission. But 5 subjects are compulsory less than this will not be valid.
Check again or contact your school regarding subjects.
To get admission in top schools you will have to clear entrance exam and score well. Otherwise you will not get good college. So prepare well to crack exam and achieve your goal.
31st October 2017, 06:08 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

After the completion of class 10th from NIOS board, you are definitely eligible for class 11th admission in a respective School, there is no problem in it.
Since NIOS is recognized as an autonomous organisation by the Government of India, there is no problem regarding higher studies being an NIOS Board candidate.
But you have scored very less marks in your examination which is the main hitch for getting admission in Schools. However you can try in different Schools to take admission in Arts stream in class 11th.
31st October 2017, 06:24 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open School and it is affiliated for MHRD.

Candidates have minimum 33% marks to get admission in school.

There is no age limit in open board.

Documents you are require mark sheet of last year appearing class, permanent residence proof and two current photograph.
31st October 2017, 07:10 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that you can not take admission in top school of Chandigarh as because your percentage marks in 10th standard is very low. But rest assure that you will get admission in some good school in Art stream after completion of 10th standard from NIOS with 4.8 CGPA.
1st November 2017, 10:12 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

NIOS is highly recognised board of India. You will get admission through NIOS certificate.
A candidate who has passed with minimum 33% of marks is considered as pass.
You are pass with 4.8 CGPA.

To get admission you have to follow admission procedure.
You will require Transfer certificate, mark sheet of class 10th.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?