11th August 2015, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Indian Police Service being a NIOS candidate?

Respected Sir/Madam,
I am a Keralite and studying in NIOS Board. My ambition is to join Indian Police Service. So, please tell me I am eligible or not for joining IPS? Waiting for your reply.

13th August 2015, 10:31 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Police Service being a NIOS candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Madam,
I am a Keralite and studying in NIOS Board. My ambition is to join Indian Police Service. So, please tell me I am eligible or not for joining IPS? Waiting for your reply.
Yes, you are eligible for Indian Police Service exam.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman
13th August 2015, 11:16 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join the Indian Police after the 10+2. As to become an IPS officer the candidates need to appear in the Civil Services examination and qualify in the examination.

The Civil Services examination is conducted by the UPSC every year and the eligibility to appear for the examination is graduation passed from the recognised university. Candidates with the age between the 21-30 years and reservation for OBC,SC,ST.

So, you need to complete your graduation to appear in the examination. The examination are conducted in the three stages and the candidates have to qualify in all the stages for the final selection.
14th August 2015, 12:39 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

To join Indian Police Service, one needs to appear for the Civil Services examination. This exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.

A candidate must be a bachelor's degree holder to be eligible for the exam. The age limit is 21-30 years. You are eligible for the Civil Services exam if you have done 10+2 board exams from NIOS board.

You must crack the following stage of Civil Services exam to join IPS.

~~Preliminary stage.

~~Mains examination.

~~Personal stage.
14th August 2015, 12:03 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can surely become an IPS offocer and can surely opt for IPS entrance examination after having scored 59% in your 12th standard as the minimum eligibility to be able to appear for the Civil Service Examination is that the candidate should have completed his/her graduation in any Discipline from a recognized University.

Therefore, you can opt for civil service examination after the completion of your after your graduation in order to become an IPS officer.
14th August 2015, 12:55 PM
newmoon06

Yes ,you are very well eligible for IAS as being a NIOS student. NIOS is highly recognised board. People think that NIOS has less value which is not true in reality. So,don't worry you will definitely eligible for IAS.

IAS stand for Indian Police Service. IAS exam is conducted by UPSC.
You must have a graduate.
Your age must in between 21 years to 30 years. Relaxation is given for 5 yeaRs to reserved category as by tbe government.
So,don't worry you are very well eligible for IAS as being NIOS student.
14th August 2015, 02:06 PM
singla420

Hello Dear, Yes you are eligible for IPS (Indian Police Service) exam. This is not matter in which board you are.
But for that exam firstly complete your graduation. And don't worry i am also giving that exam because i am completed my graduation and also completed my 12th from NIOS board.

The age should be between 21-30 Years.

Best of luck for your future.
22nd May 2016, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for apply IS exam after completing my graduation from NIOS
31st July 2023, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

To join police what what documents is needed
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?