13th January 2018, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in CBSE exams next year being 12 years old now?

I HAVE PROBLEM THAT NOW I AM IN 9TH CLASS and my age is 26-1-2005. So Sir, is there any problem in 10th class board now, I am about 12 years of age, will there be any problem in CBSE?

13th January 2018, 06:31 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in CBSE exams next year being 12 years old now?

No, you are not eligible to appear in CBSE Board examinations of 10th standard at the age of 13 years. The minimum age required to apply for admission to 10th standard CBSE Board examinations is 15 years. So, being a 13 years old candidate, you are not eligible to apply for 10th standard CBSE Board examinations.
14th January 2018, 02:16 PM
Mouexpert
Member+

I am sorry to say that the minimum age to appear for 10th board examination is 14 years and any candidate not having attained the age of 24 is allowed to appear for the examination. You will have to repeat a year in 9th standard or will have to wait for a year to attain the age.

However, you can also write an application to your respective board and request them to allow you to appear for the examination. If they find you eligible, they will for sure help you out and if not then I am sorry, you will have to wait for a year,
14th January 2018, 06:03 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

According to my knowledge the required age to appear for 10th board is 14 years to 15 years. As per the details you have mentioned you are now of 13 years. Therefore, you will be eligible to appear in board examination in next session.
14th January 2018, 07:54 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Look, there are not specific age criteria for class 10th students according to the guideline of CBSE board. This will depend up on the school administration or the state government.

According to me, you will not face any difficulties in the examination. As you have mentioned that you are in 9th standard, then your registration must be happened.

And at the time of registration, all the details like date of birth, father's name, mother's name and subjects are required to be filled.

If your school did not restrict you at the time of registration, then you will not face any difficulties in 10th examination.
14th January 2018, 09:25 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Basically there is a certain age criteria in order to pursue classes in schools that are CBSE based. Here is the exact age criteria that is required to be eligible.

<> For 9th Class in CBSE :
* Minimum age required - 13 years
* Maximum age allowed - 15 years

<> For 10th Class in CBSE :
* Minimum age required - 14 years
* Maximum age allowed - 16 years

As far as their age criteria is concerned, you are required to meet the required age strictly. With the less age that you mentioned, you may not be eligible for doing 10th Class. Hence, I suggest you to wait for the concerned and required age to get admission into 10th class or else, you may join other than CBSE board if you are from non CBSE schools till 9th Class.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?