11th June 2017, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for GUJCET, if studied 12th from Punjab?

Sir, I am from Gujarat but I am doing my 12th from CBSE board from Punjab due to my father’s job. Can I also apply for GUJCET and if yes, does it require any special documents? Answer me please.

Related Questions:
  1. How much minimum is required in GUJCET to apply for admission?
  2. Procedure to apply for GUJCET for a domicile student?
  3. Eligibility to apply in GUJCET for 12th NIOS candidate?
  4. Eligibility to apply in GUJCET for 12th CBSE ST candidate? Percentage required in 12th CBSE to get seat in MBBS in Gujarat?
  5. Is it necessary to clear for Punjabi test to apply for jobs in Punjab after completing B.Ed from Haryana?
  6. Can I apply for GUJCET 2016 if doing 12th from Mumbai? Official link to register for GUJCET 2016 exam?
  7. Whether domicile certificate is required for GUJCET 2017 if studied 12th from Karnataka?
  8. What would be considered as my home state in AEEE? I have done 12th from Chandigarh and having residential of Punjab
  9. Eligibility to apply for Medical colleges in Gujarat? Qualifying GUJCET is necessary?
  10. Whether a candidate is required to submit Domicile certificate for GUJCET if completed 10th from outside Gujarat? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Which Board is better to study 12th in between GSEB and CBSE? Is there any difficulty to appear in GUJCET for CBSE students?
  12. Number of seats available for MBBS course in Gujarat for CBSE student who belongs to ST category? Eligibility to apply in GUJCET?
  13. Dates of filling up GUJCET forms? Can GUJCET be given online?
  14. Can I apply for admission for Medical without appearing GUJCET again?
  15. Which should be my home state if I passed 12th from Chandigarh but have domicile certificate of Punjab?
  16. Eligibility to appear in GUJCET for 12th Science student of Hyderabad?
  17. Which state will be considered as my home state in AIEEE? I have done my 12th from Chandigarh but having a domicile certificate of Punjab
  18. Can I appear for GUJCET after passing 12th from MS?
11th June 2017, 09:35 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for GUJCET, if studied 12th from Punjab?

No, you can't apply for GUJCET examination if you have studied 12th standard from Punjab. Only candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from Punjab board are eligible to apply for GUJCET examination. Since, you have not pursued your 12th standard from Gujarat, you are not eligible to apply for GUJCET examination.
11th June 2017, 10:49 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

GUJCET stands for Gujarat Common Entrance Test. It is a state level medical entrance exam conducted by The Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board. This test is conducted to offer admission to aspirants in different medical fields such as BDS, MBBS, Physiotherapy, Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Nursing, Optometry etc. in different government and private colleges of Gujarat.

It is necessary to have domicile of Gujarat to appear for GUJCET. So, you can appear for this exam if you have residential proof of Gujarat state.

Eligibility criteria for GUJCET :-

-The candidate must have passed in Higher Secondary Certificate examination form a recognized board/university.

-The candidate must have studied PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) as their subjects to apply for MBBS, B.Pharm and BDS courses.

-The candidate must have secured at least 50% (45% for reserved category) marks for general category in aggregate in the examination.

-The candidate age should not be less than 17 years to apply for the exam.

-The candidate must be holding the domicile of Gujarat.

Exam Pattern :-

Question type bjective type multiple choices questions.

No. of questions : 120 questions

Marking scheme : 1 mark for each correct answer. There will be negative marking for wrong attempts and 0.25 marks will be reduced for each wrong answer.

Medium of test : The test will be conducted in English, Hindi and Gujarati.

Time duration : 180 minutes.
12th June 2017, 03:44 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes you can apply for GUJCET as you are a bonafide resident of Gujarat and hence eligible for GUJCET entrance examination.
You may have to submit domicile certificate.
Eligibility Criteria for GUJCET:
>A candidate must be an Indian citizen and a bonafide resident of Gujarat.
>Candidate must have completed 10+2 or its equivalent with at least 45% marks from a recognized board.
12th June 2017, 12:02 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Yes, those candidates who belong to Gujarat, but have completed his/her 10+2 from another state are eligible to write Gujarat Common Entrance Test. No special documents will require to give the Gujarat Common Entrance Test your ID proof will help you that you belong to Gujarat which you will have to take in the examination hall.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?