26th November 2016, 10:31 AM
Unregistered

Can I join the Indian Navy directly after completing class 12th or do I have to appear for entrance exam?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 11th and after completing class 12th I wish to join the Indian Navy so I want to know can I join the Indian Navy directly after completing class 12th or do I have to appear for entrance exam? If I have to write the entrance exam then please tell me about the entrance exams.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to join the Indian Navy after completing class 12th (Science)? Which entrance exam do I have to write?
  2. How can I join the Indian Navy Accounts section after completing class 12th with Commerce stream?
  3. Can I join Indian Navy after completing class 12th at the age of 17?
  4. How can I join Indian Navy after completing 10th? Entrance exam to join?
  5. How can I join the Indian Navy after completing class 12th with Science stream? Where can I prepare for the exam?
  6. How can a girl join the Indian Navy after completing class 12th (non medical)? What steps should be followed to join the Indian Navy?
  7. What steps should I follow to join the Indian Navy? How much should I score in class 12th to join the Indian Navy? -- [New]
  8. How can I join the Indian Navy as a Deck Cadet after completing class 12th? What is the eligibility criteria required to join Indian Navy?
  9. Can I apply for the entrance exam for Indian Navy after completing class 10th?
  10. Can I join the Indian Navy after completing class 10th? What is the qualification and physical criteria required to join Indian Navy?
  11. How to join Indian Navy after completing senior secondary class in commerce?
  12. How can I join Indian Navy after completing class 10th?
  13. Eligibility to join Indian Navy for 12th Commerce student?
  14. What a 9th standard student can do to join Indian Navy?
  15. Am I eligible to join the Indian Navy after scoring 52% marks in class 12th? Which exam do I need to write?
  16. What are the jobs available in the Indian Navy after completing class 12th with Arts stream? How can I apply for jobs?
  17. Can i join Indian Navy directly after completing apprentice?
  18. Am I eligible to join Indian Navy as Officer after completion of 12th Class? -- [Most Discussed]
28th November 2016, 04:44 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join the Indian Navy directly after completing class 12th or do I have to appear for entrance exam?

To join Indian Navy after 12th std as an officer you have to appear and qualify in NDA examination for final selection.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed 12th or pursuing in it with PCM as main paper ( Navy and Air Force ).

The age limit to appear for examination is 16.5-19.5 years and only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination.

The examination is conducted in two stages as written and SSB. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
28th November 2016, 07:15 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join the Indian Navy directly after completing class 12th or do I have to appear for entrance exam?

To join Indian Navy after completion of your class 12th, you need to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Eligibility criteria required to appear in NDA examination is mentioned below :-

1. You should be a citizen of India.

2. You should be within 16.5 to 19.5 years of age.

3. You should have obtained Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

4. You should be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You should be physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.
29th November 2016, 12:07 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Since you are interested to join Indian Navy after your Class 12th so you will be eligible for joining Indian Navy as a officer as well as a tradesmen.

Yes you are eligible for joining Indian Navy being a citizen of Nepal for both officer as well as tradesmen post but for of these you will have to qualify their respective entrance examination.

--> For your entry as a commission officer in Indian Navy you will have to appear and qualify NDA entrance examination which is held twice every year by UPSC.

--> Also for your entry as a tradesmen you will have to first qualify its Rally followed by Common Eligibility Test depending upon vacancies.

As far you are concerned about direct entry then there is no such entry but you can skip written test (Stage I )of NDA if you secure more than the cutoff percentage in your Class 12th.

For more details and updates about above mentioned entries you can log on to the link www.joinindiannavy.nic.in.
1st December 2016, 10:41 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am studying in class 11th and after completing class 12th I wish to join the Indian Navy so I want to know can I join the Indian Navy directly after completing class 12th or do I have to appear for entrance exam? If I have to write the entrance exam then please tell me about the entrance exams.
If you have completed 12th standard with Physics and Mathematics from a recognized board then you are eligible for Indian Navy through NDA exam.

Your age should be in between 16.5 to 19.5 years.

You can't directly apply for Indian Navy. So you can apply here through NDA exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?