17th January 2018, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

Can I teach in school with only MA degree and not B.Ed?

Can I teach in the school with only MA degree and not B.Ed? Can you please let me know which school I can apply for and get the job? It will be a great help if you can get back to me on the same soon as possible. Please answer me soon. Thanks!

18th January 2018, 06:43 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I teach in school with only MA degree and not B.Ed?

B.Ed is compulsory at most of the schools these days. Only some private schools may recruit non B.Ed candidates, in case there is no suitable candidate available.

There is no dearth of B.Ed qualified candidates, these days, hence it will be difficult to get job only on the basis of M.A degree, except in case if you have strong references.
18th January 2018, 07:16 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Having not pursued B.Ed. ( Bachelor of Education ) or any other professional teaching degree course with your regular academic degree courses you are not eligible for becoming a teacher in a recognized government or private schools as for becoming teachers in a recognized school you are required to hold an additional professional teaching degree course along with your regular degree course.

Apart from holding above mentioned educational qualification, you are also required to qualify TETs ( Teacher Eligibility Tests ) such as CTET ( Central Teacher Eligibility Test ) or State TETs for your recruitment as a teacher in a recognized school.
18th January 2018, 08:38 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Let me tell you that if you want to be a teacher in a school then it is mandatory that a candidate must have completed Bachelor of Education.
So you have to complete your Bachelor of Education 2 years course if you want to teach students from 6th to 10th standard and if you want to be a teacher in primary section then diploma in Education is Enough.
18th January 2018, 09:01 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you cannot become a school teacher with nust MA qualification. In order to become a school teacher you should have completed graduation or post graduation from a recognized university. You also have to complete B.Ed from a recognized institute. So, without B.Ed you cannot apply for teacher's position in any school.
18th January 2018, 09:52 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to become a teacher in a school:

- If one wants to teach in primary school then he or she must have 12th standard minimum qualification with Diploma in Education.

- If one wants to teach in higher school then he or she must have graduation with B.Ed.
19th January 2018, 04:55 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

It is mandatory for a candidate, who is willing to become a teacher or get teaching job in school, to have bachelor of education degree after completion of relevant bachelors degree course from a recognized university. However, some private schools consider only bachelor degree qualification to grant teaching job.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?