1st June 2016, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

Can I write entrance exam for B.Tech if failed in theory paper of Chemistry?

Hello,
I have passed 12th(PCM) with 61.6% from COHSEM. I want to apply for various entrance exam for B.Tech? But I am confused for Chemistry paper because, I passed in overall(Theory+Practical) but, fail in theory. will I be considered pass or fail in Chemistry and will I be eligible for B.Tech?

Related Questions:
  1. Why a candidate is declared failed even after scoring 24 marks in 12th Chemistry?
  2. What should I write about qualification in AIIMS entrance exam application having passed 12th but failed in Chemistry?
  3. Diploma in engineering after getting failed in Chemistry by 2 marks?
  4. Is it compulsory to pass both Theory and Practical exams separately to qualify in Chemistry of 12th Maharashtra Board exam?
  5. CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  6. Can i write EAMCET exam even after failing in Intermediate?
  7. PTU B.Tech in CSE-8th Sem Formal Language And Autamata Theory Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  8. Can I write 2 failed subjects in advanced supplementary exam?
  9. What exams are allowed to write for 10th fail students?
  10. What is the pass marks of Chemistry theory paper in 12th standard?
  11. If I fail in 3 subjects in 12th boards do I have to write all the papers or only the failed papers? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Do I have to write any Entrance Exam to join Graduation in Chemistry in Kerala after completion of 12th Class?
  13. Is it necessary to score 28 out of 70 in Physics and Chemistry Theory of ISC?
  14. CBSE Class 12 Accommodation Services II (Theory) Paper II Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  15. Can i write EAMCET despite of failing in Intermediate?
  16. Can I get into good institutes in IIT after scoring 55% in B.Tech? Do I need to write any entrance exam?
  17. Kerala CEE Chemistry Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  18. JNTU B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering-2nd Year Probability Theory and Stochastic Process Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
2nd June 2016, 09:35 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I write entrance exam for B.Tech if failed in theory paper of Chemistry?

Yes, you can write entrance examinations to get admission in B.Tech course even if you have failed in theory paper of chemistry. But, you must have to appear and qualify the Chemistry subject by appearing in Supplementary examination before admission process starts for B.Tech course. You will be considered as failed as you have not qualified in theory paper of chemistry even if you had got overall pass marks in Chemistry subject. By qualifying the Chemistry subject, you can get admission in B.Tech course.
3rd June 2016, 01:40 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I write entrance exam for B.Tech if failed in theory paper of Chemistry?

As you have passed in Chemistry paper with the combination marks of theory and practical, therefore you are very much considered as a pass candidate and can very much appear for your JEE(Mains) examination and after scoring well in your exam, you might get admission in any good college in future. Therefore, you need not worry about anything as you are very much eligible for B.Tech course.
3rd June 2016, 05:56 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for any engineering entrance exam is that candidate must have passed in all subjects and scored minimum of 50% marks . Passing in all subjects is necessary. Physics, Chemistry and mathematics are essential subjects for any engineering course. Since you have failed in chemistry, you are not eligible for any engineering entrance examination.

If you want to appear for engineering entrance exam, you will have to obtain passing marks and secure at least 50% aggregate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?