13th January 2018, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

Date of birth can be changed in 10th and 12th marksheet?

I am a B.Com 2nd year student, my DOB in 10th and 12th marksheet is 30/07/1997, but I want to change the birth year. So, what is the procedure?

13th January 2018, 06:48 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Date of birth can be changed in 10th and 12th marksheet?

Yes, you can change your DOB in your 10th and 12th standard marksheet. To get your DOB corrected in your 10th and 12th standard, you have to contact your school, submit the copy of Birth certificate as a DOB proof by filling the Name or DOB correction application form. After submitting the application form to your school principal, your request will be forwarded to the main board and you will get new certificate with correct DOB within 15-25 working days.
13th January 2018, 08:31 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to change the DOB in school certificates, you have to contact the principal of your school at first and inform about the matter. You have to write an application mentioning about the issue and submit it to the principal. You also have to submit the required amount of fees and submit it with the application. Now the principal will guide you further and will send the application form to the board authorities. After a few days you will get back a duplicate copy of marksheet with correct name on it.
14th January 2018, 02:26 PM
Mouexpert
Member+

I am sorry to say that you cannot change your DOB in any circumstance as it is done only once at the time of your birth certification time.

You can however change your name if you want to by getting an affidavit done but you cannot change your DOB under any circumstance.
14th January 2018, 04:25 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

According to new procedure you are able to change or go through correction within 5 years of passing.
You have not mentioned your passing year of 10th that is why you have to calculate yourself that you are eligible or not.
You have to correct your date of birth in 10th certificate then only it should be changed in 12th or graduation otherwise not.
And if you are eligible then you should contact your school for further procedures.
14th January 2018, 04:51 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You need to contact the concerned school to get your date of birth corrected through your concerned board of education. You need to have sufficient proof to get it corrected.

If you don't have documents to prove your actual date of birth, then it will not be possible to get correction.
14th January 2018, 06:23 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Look, if you are from CBSE board then not to worry about anything. In CBSE board, you can rectify your details in within 5 years after clearing examination.

But if you are from any other Board then you can rectify in within 1 years after clearing examinations.

Process to rectify your Date of Birth are:-

You have to give an application for correction in date of birth to the head of the school from where you had cleared 10th or 12th with documents like your original Birth Certificate or any government authorized Certificate in which your correct date of birth is mentioned.

The head of the school will forward this application to the board and if the board will satisfied with your certificates, then your Date of Birth will be rectified.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?