26th March 2016, 02:16 AM
Unregistered

How can I join Indian Army being a 12th Arts PSEB student?

Hi Sir,
I have done 12th in PSEB Board in Arts stream. I want to join Indian Army. Kindly tell me how can I join Indian Army? Kindly tell me immediately.

27th March 2016, 05:28 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Indian Army being a 12th Arts PSEB student?

You can apply for NDA exam which is conducted by UPSC for joining Indian Army as an officer. Age should be between 16.5 to 19.5 years and one must be unmarried male.

Arts students are eligible for Indian Army through NDA exam. Selection will be based on the performance in written exam and SSB interview.
27th March 2016, 08:14 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To join Indian Army being a 12th passed student of PSEB ( Punjab School Education Board ) you will have to join NDA ( National Defense Academy ) by clear NDA entrance examination.

NDA entrance examinations are held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written examination and Service Selection Board interview respectively.

--> Also for appearing in the same examination for joining Indian Army you must have the qualifications given below :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have either completed your higher secondary school or pursuing the final year of same degree course or any equivalent degree from a recognized institute.

* You must be physically fit as per the service requirement norms.

For more updates and details about the next NDA examination you can refer to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in or www.upscexam.com.
27th March 2016, 08:42 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join in Indian Army after completion of your 12th standard Arts stream from PSEB Board. To join in Indian Army, you must have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Candidates who have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board are eligible to appear in NDA examination. By qualifying the NDA examination, you are eligible to join in Indian Army.
28th March 2016, 12:40 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir,
I have done 12th in PSEB Board in Arts stream. I want to join Indian Army. Kindly tell me how can I join Indian Army? Kindly tell me immediately.
Yes, you can apply for Indian Army after completing 12th standard. You can join in Indian Army through NDA entrance exam score, which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. The minimum educational qualification required for NDA exam is 12th standard or its equivalent qualification from a recognized university.

- The candidate age should be in between 16.5 years to 19 years.
- The candidate must be Physically fit.
- Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply.
28th March 2016, 01:37 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You will have to appear for NDA examination after completion of your 12th standard. After successfully clearing the exam,you will further have to clear SSB rounds and if you clear i successfully, you will be very much eligible o join Indian Army.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?