16th May 2015, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to follow for getting admission for 1st standard in Maharashtra?

Dear Sir/Mam,

My son's date of birth is 13-01-2010. He has completed 5 years and 5 months in June 2015. He is pass out from KG-II in April 2015. I want to take admission for him for Std. 1 in school at Nagpur district's school in the session 2015-2016. I have make inquiry in the school where it wants to get admission, but the admission in-charge tell me that your son has not completed 5 & half years. He will not eligible for the admission in Std. 1.
Give me necessary guidelines in this regard.?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the procedure to follow for getting admission in JNU after completion of 12th standard?
  2. What is the procedure to follow for getting admission in schools like CHU for 11th and 12th standard?
  3. Procedure to be followed to appear for MHT CET? Can I get admission in government engineering colleges of Maharashtra? Are they meant for domiciles of Maharashtra only?
  4. How can a Candidate from Bihar get admission in any of Maharashtra engineering college? What's the admission procedure for the same? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. When M.Pharma admission procedure will start in Maharashtra University and gujarat colleges? Any certificate Is required for applying in gujarat quota? What's the procedure for making that certificate?
  6. Is it possible to get admission for 12th standard?
  7. Can I get admission to 12th standard in different school if I have only 30% in my 11th grade?
  8. Procedure to get admission in St. Xavier's School, Jaipur for 1st standard?
  9. What is the procedure to follow for getting admission in Ph.D BioTechnology? -- [New]
  10. Admission procedure in 1st standard of Sri Sathya Sai Higher Secondary School?
  11. What is the procedure to follow for changing school after 11th standard?
  12. Details regarding admission in AFMC and procedure to be followed?
  13. Procedure to appear for MHT CET so as to get admission in Maharashtra engineering colleges?
  14. What is the procedure to follow for getting admission to do Ph.D via IGNOU?
  15. What is the procedure to follow for getting diploma admission in Mumbai?
  16. What is the procedure to follow for getting admission in school?
  17. Eligibility criteria, procedure, enlisted subjects and advantages of Olympiad for 1st standard student?
  18. What is the admission procedure for joining 4th standard student in Military school?
17th May 2015, 12:45 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to follow for getting admission for 1st standard in Maharashtra?

As per DOB(Date of Birth), which is provided by you, your son has already completed 5 years of age. And as per CBSE board rules, a candidate who have completed 5 years of age is eligible for admission in 1st standard. So, he is definitely eligible for admission in 1st standard in CBSE schools and even in schools, which are affiliated to other education boards.
You said that the school admission in-charge has rejected your child's application, by saying that your child has not completed 5 years of age. So, you should convince him by showing any proof like Birth Certificate of your child. Then the school admission in-charge will definitely offer admission for your child.
17th May 2015, 12:46 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to follow for getting admission for 1st standard in Maharashtra?

As per DOB(Date of Birth), which is provided by you, your son has already completed 5 years of age. And as per CBSE board rules, a candidate who have completed 5 years of age is eligible for admission in 1st standard. So, he is definitely eligible for admission in 1st standard in CBSE schools and even in schools, which are affiliated to other education boards.
You said that the school admission in-charge has rejected your child's application, by saying that your child has not completed 5 years of age. So, you should convince him by showing any proof like Birth Certificate of your child. Then the school admission in-charge will definitely offer admission for your child.
17th May 2015, 02:57 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Generally in many school the minimum age criteria for a child to get admission in class 1 is 5 years, but in many other schools the criteria might not just be the same, it might differ.

Therefore, my suggestion to you is that either you opt for admission in another school or request the school authorities to provide admission to your child or if you want your child to get admission in that particular school itself and the school is not willing to provide admission at the current age of your child, than you should wait and let your child reach the minimum age required for admission in that particular school and hence get your son admitted there.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?