31st October 2015, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

Which graduation course should i do after 12th to make career in Agriculture field?

Please tell me which course in graduation i should do after passing 12th to make career in Agriculture field?

Related Questions:
31st October 2015, 09:32 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Which graduation course should i do after 12th to make career in Agriculture field?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Please tell me which course in graduation i should do after passing 12th to make career in Agriculture field?
You can apply for B.Sc in Agriculture after completing 12th standard in order to make your career in Agriculture field. Those candidates who have completed their 12th standard in science stream are eligible to apply for B.Sc Agriculture .
31st October 2015, 10:53 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which graduation course should i do after 12th to make career in Agriculture field?

For making career in Agriculture field the best suggestion for you is B.Sc in Agriculture or you may join B.Tech course in Agriculture field.

You have to give separate entrance examination to get admission in B.Sc in agriculture. In case of B.Tech in agriculture you will get admission on the behalf of your JEE score. For B.tech you need to compete in counselling to get a seat. In B.Sc admission is done on the basis of Merit list.
31st October 2015, 11:47 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
After completing +2 and wishing to join in agriculture field is a great thing and to do this you can apply for B.sc Agriculture which is a undergraduate course. Duration of the course is 4 years and to do this course there is some eligibility criteria.

To do B.Sc Agriculture Science candidate need to have completed +2 or equivalent with science subjects with a minimum 50% marks. ICAR also provide fellowship for all the students of postgraduate courses and for those students who've got Junior Research Fellowship during the entrance exam at the postgraduate level.

Top colleges for B.sc Agriculture in India:
  • Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana
  • Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
  • University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore
  • Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar
  • Acharya NG Ranga Agricultural University, Hyderabad
  • Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Pune
  • Agricultural Engineering College and Research Institute, Coimbatore
  • Birsa Agricultural University, Ranchi
  • Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat
31st October 2015, 11:56 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To make career in the Agriculture field which is one of the best career option in the country like India which is agro-based after your 12th you must go for the B.Sc Agriculture course.

For pursuing in the same course from top government agriculture colleges in order to enjoy quality education you will have to clear AIEEA-UG examination conducted by Indian Council of Agricultural Research.

--> To be eligible for the same examination you need to have the following qualifications :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 17 years to 23 years. Age relaxation of 5 years are applicable for reserved category candidates.

* You must have completed your higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics, Chemistry and Biology as your main subjects with at least 60% aggregate in each from a recognized board of education. In case of reserved category candidates it must not be below 50%.

For more details about the same examination you can log on to the official link of ICAR i.e; www.icarexam.in.
1st November 2015, 06:11 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

B.Sc Agriculture is the degree available for you if you want to enter this field. You need to pass class XII with PCM stream to become eligible for admission in this course through entrance exam.

If you have studied PCB then you have to go for other courses like biotechnology which is also applicable in agriculture sciences these days.
2nd November 2015, 10:51 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
You can apply for B.Sc or B.A in Agriculture after completing 12th standard to make your career in Agriculture field. Those candidates who have completed their 12th standard are eligible to apply. The candidate must study Biology and Chemistry as a main subject at 12th standard level. Normally, the admission to the B.Sc or BA Agriculture is based on the 12th standard score. There is no special entrance exam conducted for B.Sc Agriculture course. However, some reputed may conduct their own entrance exam within the college.
31st March 2016, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

I studied biology as well as mathematics in 12th, can I join for agriculture Bsc???
8th November 2016, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

When is the entrance exam date up coming year 2017?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?