4th November 2016, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

Is it advisable to appear in NIOS Board exam for 16 years of age 5th CBSE candidate?

My brother is in 5th standard of CBSE Board. As his age is 16 now and due to late admission, I have decided to admit him in NIOS Board and he will appear the Board exam next year through NIOS Board. Is it better for him? Please advise me.

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to appear in 12th NIOS for a candidate who has discontinued study 8 years ago?
  2. Value of NIOS education board certificate for IIT JEE examination?
  3. Whether a candidate is eligible to get admission in 11th CBSE if appear 10th NIOS?
  4. What should I do to get job being an NIOS student?
  5. Eligibility to get admission in CBSE for 10 years old 5th standard student?
  6. Eligibility to appear in 10th CBSE Board exam for a candidate in between 14 to 15 years of age?
  7. Can I get admission in B.Arch through entrance exam if pursuing 12th NIOS? Is CBSE Board equivalent to NIOS Board?
  8. Can I reappear in 12th with NIOS Board if failed from CBSE? Is there any problem to get admission in Engineering on NIOS basis? Regional centre of NIOS in Lucknow?
  9. Whether NIOS Board is equivalent to CBSE/ICSE Board? Is it a barrier if completed 12th NIOS after 11th CBSE?
  10. Difference between CBSE and NIOS syllabus and difficulty level?
  11. Age required to appear in CBSE board exams 2017-2018 -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Is it better to do 12th from NIOS Board after discontinuing 11th CBSE?
  13. Can I appear in NEET 2017 if completed CBSE 12th in 2015? -- [New]
  14. Can I get admission in 11th standard of ICSE or CBSE Board if appearing in 10th NIOS Board exam?
  15. At what age a candidate can appear in 10th CBSE Board exam if studying in LKG at the age of 3 years old?
  16. Is it possible to study Polytechnic course along with 12th NIOS for 10th CBSE candidate?
  17. Eligibility to get admission in 5th standard of CBSE Board for a candidate who has completed 4th from Tamil Nadu State Board?
  18. Which is advisable for Medical preparation CBSE or State Board?
5th November 2016, 09:47 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it advisable to appear in NIOS Board exam for 16 years of age 5th CBSE candidate?

I am not sure that whether he will be eligible for appearing in 10th board examination without having cleared 9th class from a recognized board having scored minimum passing marks. You should however ask your brother to complete your 9th standard and then can opt for admission in Open University, there is no such problem in it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?