15th June 2011, 02:47 AM
ABBAS9886

What do I have to do to become an IAS officer after graduation?

I want to become ias officer..i have completed graduation...now what i have to do?

Related Questions:
22nd July 2011, 09:45 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What do I have to do to become an IAS officer after graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABBAS9886 View Post
I want to become ias officer..i have completed graduation...now what i have to do?
First of alll..

My appreciation for your decision to become IAS officer As a Indian you made a good choice. I hope you to be a good person from heart too.. who wants the country to get developed as soon as possible.

Simple friend,

After completing Graduation you need to appear for a UPSC Conducted Entrance examination called CSE(Civil Service Examination) which is a common entrance for different types of services like IAS: Indian Administrative service
IPS : Indian Police Service etc.., like IRS,IFS and so on

You have to get enrolled for next years UPSC CSE because already the CSE 2011 is initiated I think you know that this time onwards the new pattern of the examination is started with a small change in preliminary stage.

CSAT is the change which is replaced with Classical Prelims .. There is a divide talk for new pattern for the examination.

after clearing this you have to clear one more big hurdle called Mains if you can successfully clear this stage then you will get a interview letter

you have to attempt the interview also all the marks will get added up and after the final result you will get a clarity of which cadre and service you may get .

for IAS you have to really work hard burning mid night oil it is not that simple as I typed this post.

Utilize the coming few months effectively so that you will get a confidence of appearing in the examination.

All the best for your preparation

If needed take the help of coaching centers don't hesitate for this decision too because its the matter of time how effectively you use it that sweeter the fruits will be

Regards

~AdityA~
22nd July 2011, 10:32 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

Default Re: What do I have to do to become an IAS officer after graduation?

Hi,

UPSC conducts entrance exam for IAS. you need to appear for a UPSC Conducted Entrance examination called CSE(Civil Service Examination).

civil service examination is a common entrance for different types of services like IAS,IPS ,IRS,IFS and so on.

Exams for this year have been comleted you have to do preparation for next year.the examination is started with a small change in preliminary stage.

CSAT is the change which is replaced with Classical Prelims.after clearing this exam you have to clear Mains exam if you can successfully clear this stage then you will get a interview letter.

On the bases of interview you can get job.interview is very important for IAS.your admission will be decided on the basis of Marks in entrance exam and Interview performance.os interview performance is very important.

All information related to UPSC exam is provieded on this website-

http://www.upsc.gov.in

You have to visit this website regularly because all notification will be updated on this website.

best of luck.
22nd July 2011, 10:48 PM
vivekdas.raja

Smile Re: What do I have to do to become an IAS officer after graduation?

Quote:
hello,
First of alll..

My appreciation for your decision to become IAS officer As a Indian you made a good choice. I hope you to be a good person from heart too.. who wants the country to get developed as soon as possible.

Simple friend,

After completing Graduation you need to appear for a UPSC Conducted Entrance examination called CSE(Civil Service Examination) which is a common entrance for different types of services like IAS: Indian Administrative service
IPS : Indian Police Service etc.., like IRS,IFS and so on.

but you have to give more labor and hard work for achieving the post of IAS.....
22nd July 2011, 11:30 PM
Arsalaan

To become an IAS officer requires a great determination.Its really nice to see your effort in this direction.
You need to give the civil service examination.It is an entrance exam conducted by UPSC every year for IAS,IPS,IFS and other civil services.
It is conducted in three stages for IAS
1.Prelims
2.Mains
3.Interview
You need to clear each of these hurdles one by one.Its not a one night thing , so get ready start preparing you need a lot of determination,patience and confidence. They look for a well-adjusted personality with the social traits, integrity and qualities of leadership.

You are eligible as you fulfill the educational requirement and age limit should be
-21 to 30 for general candidate.
-21 to 33 for OBC
-21 to 35 for SC/ST

As you have not mentioned your graduation subject and other informations clearly. Its a little difficult to give an exact answer.
Yet, you need to decide your subjects you will pursue for IAS, you may not choose your course subject and start preparation utilize your time as much as you can.

For more information visit:
http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the Best.........
23rd July 2011, 07:12 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: What do I have to do to become an IAS officer after graduation?

Dear friend,

It is very good decision that you have decided to became IAS officer.

As you have completed graduation so now start taking coaching.

I am providing you some informations about coaching Institutes:

You can join any one of these coaching centres

1.Vajiram And Ravi IAS Study Centre (Institute for IAS Examination)
www.vajiramandravi.com
Bara Bazar Rd, Shankar Road, Karol Bagh, Delhi - 011 25734058

2.Raus Ias Study Circle Coaching Institute For Civil Services
www.rauias.com
309, Kanchanjunga Building, Connaught Place, New Delhi - 011 23312857

3.Ujjwal IAS Academy
www.ujjwalias.in
B-18 (T.F.) Satija House Mukherjee Nagar Delhi - 110009

4.Chanakya IAS Academy
www.chanakyaiasacademy.com
1597, Outram Line, Kingsway Camp, New Delhi - 011 27602096

5.Jain's IAS Study Circle
www.jainsias.com
28-A/1, Jia Sarai, New Delhi - 011 26522738

The eligibility criteria of IAS is as fillows.1.Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relax-able for SCs/STs, OBC's and defense personnel).

SC/ST - upto a maximum of 5 years.

OBC - upto a maximum of 3 years.

Defense personnel - upto a maximum of 5 years.

2. Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree in any stream by a recognized university.

3. No. of permissible attempts :

For general candidates Four attampts

Seven attempts of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs .

3. Fee :

Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
(No fee for SCs/STs/Physically disabled only)

4. Paper pattern for prelims:

1. Optional Subjects (300 marks):

2. General Studies (150 marks):

5. Paper pattern for mains:

In mains, one has to appear for 9 papers

All the best...........
23rd July 2011, 09:54 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear

After complete your graduation

then you apply for IAS exam

prepare your self well and then aviate it.
23rd July 2011, 10:29 AM
Tribhuwankumar1990

Quote:
YOU HAVE TO CLEAR THE EXAM CONDUCTED BY THE UPSC EVERY YEAR FOR IAS.

MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION REQUIRED FOR THE EXAM IS GRADUATION FROM A RECOGNIZED UNIVERSITY
FORMS ARE AVAILABLE IN MAJOR POST OFFICES OF INDIA
FOR MORE DETAILS OF THE EXAM PLEASE VISIT
www.upsc.gov.in
23rd July 2011, 02:23 PM
ankit049
Member+

What do I have to do to become an IAS officer after graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABBAS9886
First of alll..

Simple friend,

IPS : Indian Police Service etc.., like IRS,IFS and so on

You have to get enrolled for next years UPSC CSE because already the CSE 2011 is initiated I think you know that this time onwards the new pattern of the examination is started with a small change in preliminary stage.

CSAT is the change which is replaced with Classical Prelims .. There is a divide talk for new pattern for the examination.

after clearing this you have to clear one more big hurdle called Mains if you can successfully clear this stage then you will get a interview letter

you have to attempt the interview also all the marks will get added up and after the final result you will get a clarity of which cadre and service you may get .

for IAS you have to really work hard burning mid night oil it is not that simple as I typed this post.

Utilize the coming few months effectively so that you will get a confidence of appearing in the examination.

All the best for your preparation

If needed take the help of coaching centers don't hesitate for this decision too because its the matter of time how effectively you use it that sweeter the fruits will be

Regards

thanking you
23rd July 2011, 04:51 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello Abbas,
Since you have completed your graduation and want to become an IAS officer, you will have to follow the steps:

1. Fill up the application form for civil service exam
The application forms will be available at designated post offices and head post offices throughout the country.

2. Qualify civil service aptitude test and move to the second stage,i.e. main exam.

3. Qualify the Main exam to get selected for interview.

4. Perform exceptionally well and be among the highest rank holders to get selected for IAS.
23rd July 2011, 09:51 PM
rana2011
Banned

After complition your graduation you may apper at "Civil Service" jobs like IAS ,IPS,IRS,IFS and so on..

As thece service is mainly requirred for administrative in social so as first you have to a good guide to your juniors in office or defance level otherwise have to really work hard burning mid night oil mainly you will be IPS or service at diffence level.

Good buy,
25th July 2011, 01:51 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

After completing your Bacholar Degree, you are eligible for IAS exams.

So, Candidates with professional and technical qualifications recognised by the Government are eligible for appear in IAS exams.

Age limits -

21-30 years as on (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories.

Attempts -

The general Candidates get 4 attempts And 7 attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs Candidates in this exams.

Number of Exams -

Preliminary Examination - It is of objective type, which is a qualifying examination.

Main Examination - It consists of written examination and interview.

All the best.
10th August 2011, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

preliminary exam k dono exam ek sath conduct kiya jate
11th July 2012, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

i have done graduation from rajasthan university (Bachlor of bussiness administration)BBA. and now i want to become IAS officer soo please tell the procedure for it .... thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?