29th February 2016, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

Which graduation course I need to complete to become an IAS officer?

Which graduation course I need to complete to become an IAS officer? I have passed 12th. Can you please let me know the information on the same? It will be helpful if you can guide me in this. So, please answer me with your suggestions.

29th February 2016, 11:40 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which graduation course I need to complete to become an IAS officer?

For appearing in the IPS exam a candidate must have to complete graduation in any stream. There is no specific stream for going for the IPS exam. So my suggestion to you is that you should go for the graduation in any of your interested stream and try to score more than 55% marks as average in the graduation.
One more thing that you must take care is that your institute must be well recognized otherwise your graduation will not be considered.
1st March 2016, 10:48 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which graduation course I need to complete to become an IAS officer?

Graduation in any field is entertained, however, below I have mentioned the basic eligibility requirement to become an IAS officer;

Eligibility:
'
. The candidate must have to complete any bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

. The Candidate must be a citizen of India.

. Final year exams appearing candidates can also eligible to apply.
1st March 2016, 10:49 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Sorry, there is no special graduation course to qualify in Civil Service examination for recruitment as I.A.S Officer.

As, per eligibility to appear for examination candidate passed graduation degree from any recognised university in any discipline can appear for examination. The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

So, you can appear for examination after graduation in any discipline, but you have to qualify in all stage of examination for final selection for job. For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
1st March 2016, 11:01 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You just have to complete your graduation course in any stream and field in order to be eligible to opt for IAS examination.

Therefore, go for your graduation course first and after completion of your course, you can opt for IAS examinations.
2nd March 2016, 12:00 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which graduation course I need to complete to become an IAS officer? I have passed 12th. Can you please let me know the information on the same? It will be helpful if you can guide me in this. So, please answer me with your suggestions.
You can choose any graduation course in which you have more interest. The eligibility to appear for Preliminary Examination is a pass in graduation in any stream from a recognised university. The civil services examination is conducted by UPSC. So you can choose any subject of your interest in graduation to become an IAS officer. The upper age limit is 32 years for general candidate, for OBC 35 years and for SC/ST 37 years. The website link of
UPSC is http://www.upsc.gov.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?