25th July 2016, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

Suitable way to become an IAS Officer for 25 years old 12th candidate?

I have completed my 12th. But my graduation is not completed yet. Now, I am 25 years of age. I have a dream to become an IAS Officer. Please help me to know that which is the suitable way to become an IAS Officer?

26th July 2016, 03:07 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Suitable way to become an IAS Officer for 25 years old 12th candidate?

You should complete your graduation first as it is the minimum eligibility criteria to opt fro Civil Services Examination.

The only way to become an IAS officer is that you will have to appear for Civil Service Exam and once after clearing the examination, you will move forward with the selection process.

Therefore, I suggest you to kindly complete your graduation first and then move forward.
26th July 2016, 10:18 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Suitable way to become an IAS Officer for 25 years old 12th candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my 12th. But my graduation is not completed yet. Now, I am 25 years of age. I have a dream to become an IAS Officer. Please help me to know that which is the suitable way to become an IAS Officer?
It's nice to see that you are interested to become an IAS officer. You must complete Graduation to be eligible to apply for IAS examination this is the only suitable way to appear in IAS examination. Since, you are studying Graduation so I suggest you to complete your Graduation without any pending backlogs. Once, after completing your Graduation you need to appear and qualify in the Civil Service examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year. The selection procedure will be based on three different level such as,

- Preliminary Examination
- Civil Service Aptitude Test (Main Examination) and,
- Interview.

Eligibility Criteria:

- The candidate must be a Graduate holder to be eligible for Civil Service examination conducted by the UPSC.

- The candidate should be minimum 21 years and Maximum 32 years for General category students. So, its clear that there is no issue with your age limit. You can appear in Civil Service examination till the age of 32 years.

Official Website - Click Here
26th July 2016, 10:45 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

You have to complete your graduation to become an I.A.S Officer. I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and for the recruitment candidates have to qualify in civil services examination.

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university and age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

So, you have to qualify in entrance examination for final recruitment. The examination is among the toughest examination and to qualify in examination you require better preparation from now.

So, you need to focus on Current Affairs, General Studies, English and Logical Ability along with syllabus of examination available at www.upsc.gov.in.
26th July 2016, 12:48 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

If you wish to fulfil your dream of becoming Indian Administrative Service officer then must complete graduation. Union Public Service Commission conduct Civil Service Exam every year for various posts & one of them is IAS.

A candidate can apply for this exam only if completed his/her degree from a recognized university & age must be between 21 years to 32 years.

So, complete your graduation then apply for this job. No candidate can apply on 12th basis. There are no ways of becoming IAS until you complete degree.
26th July 2016, 01:03 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To become an IAS officer being a 25 years old 12th standard candidate, you have to pursue your Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.

There are three year and four years undergraduate degree courses which you choose for pursuing your Graduation after completion of your 12th standard.

The maximum age limit to apply for IAS examination is 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

So, after completion of your Graduation, you can apply for IAS examination and by qualifying all the rounds in the IAS examination, you can become an IAS officer.
26th July 2016, 03:32 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

You are allowed to give Civil Services Exam only after completion of your graduation. So, first of all complete your graduation after that you will be eligible for exam.

Prepare your self for exam as syllabus of civil services exam is too long and hard. so you need to work hard. You can get other information regarding exam on UPSC official website.
26th July 2016, 10:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For becoming IAS officer you need to crack UPSC civil services exam and for that degree is a must requirement. Hence, complete your degree as soon as possible.

Age should be between 21 to 32 years. At the moment your age fine at 25 years. Hence, you have time to complete degree and apply for exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?