22nd October 2011, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

How can I improve my English Vocabulary for UPSC?

As I am from Marathi medium upto 10th, now I am in final year of B.E.(CIVIL). How can I improve my english vocabulory for UPSC?

31st December 2011, 01:28 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I improve my English Vocabulary for UPSC?

Its not possible to improve your English vocabulary overnight as its a process which starts from ones school days. The best way to improve your vocabulary is to read lots of books , articles , newspaper in english and try to refer the dictionary for the words which you do not understand while reading. Every day if you can learn 10 to 15 new words and try to use them in your writing or speech then you will be able to improve your English vocabulary. Also when you are using the solved papers of the UPSC conducted English papers try to note the words which you do not understand and use the same technique as above to learn the word, its meaning and how to use it. Remember its practice which will improve your vocabulary.
14th March 2014, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

yes this method is best. and we should keep practice because practice makes man perfect. ankush from punjab 8146574767
21st January 2015, 12:21 PM
kumarmanoj2809

Useful information.
You can use refer mnemonicdictionary.com which is an interesting resource for improve your English Vocabulary which is an important part of UPSC preparation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?