22nd January 2011, 09:57 AM
Unregistered

Type of job and remuneration offered to Mechanical engineers in Merchant Navy

What ia salary for mechanical engineer in merchant navy at starting and when hi get promotion ?

Related Questions:
  1. Can a Mechanical Engineering B.Tech student apply for Merchant Navy? Will the course suit the Mechanical Engineers?
  2. What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy? Age limit and requirements for joining merchant navy?
  3. How to join marine from 2nd year?
  4. How to join merchant navy after B.Tech in mechanical?
  5. How to make entry into Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering? List of top colleges to join this course?
  6. How to join merchant navy after completing B.Tech in mechanical engineering?
  7. When to get the application forms for Merchant Navy being a candidate of 12th? Job Opportunities after the completion of B.Tech in Merchant Navy?
  8. Is merchant navy a good option after 10+2 with PCM? Environment and duration of job?
  9. can I get a job in Merchant Navy after passing Mechanical diploma from AICTE recognized university
  10. Which field to choose after 12th having interest in Software Engineering and Merchant Navy?
  11. Is it necessary to study science to get job in Merchant Navy? Type of jobs available for girls?
  12. What type of jobs are offered for civil engineers?
  13. How to join Merchant Navy after passing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  14. Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Fees structure and chances of placements in Merchant Navy for B.E candidate in Mechanical? -- [New]
  16. Should I join merchant navy as my career after completion of my B.Tech? I have completed my B.Tech in mechanical with 66.63% marks
  17. Can a Btech ECE join Merchant Navy?
  18. Can I do merchandising in NIFT after completing B.Com hons? What type of remuneration is offered?
28th January 2011, 06:27 PM
sambrita

Default Re: Type of job and remuneration offered to Mechanical engineers in Merchant Navy

Salary for merchant navy varies from 25000 to 50000 a month.
There is a examination for promotion after a certain period in the post generaly 18 months.
21st February 2011, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Type of job and remuneration offered to Mechanical engineers in Merchant Navy

i m a b.tech mechanical engineering student of last year. i would like to know how can i pursue a career in merchant navy? is there any physical criteria to join it? will i have to undergo any specialization after b.tech if yes which college should i prefer?

kindly reply at ur earliest. i will be very grateful.
11th June 2011, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

I m a BE mechanical engineering student of last year.I would like to know wat is d eligibility criteria for doing ME MARINE ENGINEERING.WOULD D MARKS IN 12th EFFECT
2nd July 2011, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

i m a be mechanical engg. student (3rd year) i want to make my career in marchant nevy (chief engg.) what will i do? plz give me more information in [email protected]
5th August 2011, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
I'm a Mechanical engg.student(3rd year Degree).i wanna make my career in Marchant Navy.will you tell me How many branches
are there which will make my future zippy & For that what should i do??
8th August 2011, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

Type of jobe offered for mechanical engineers and any physical fittness req for this job ????????????????
8th August 2011, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

jobs offered in merchant navy for mechanical engineers
26th August 2011, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

Salary for merchant navy
26th August 2011, 11:09 PM
saugata2008

There is a file which contain all the information you need on Merchant Navy .So please take a look on it-
18th March 2012, 03:39 AM
Unregistered

Hi, I am a Chief Engineer with the Merchant Navy and have spent the last 11 years out at sea. Do mail me any queries rgds the Merchant navy (only serious ones) to "[email protected]" and I will be glad if I can be of assistance. Please note that I will be giving guidance only.
If I am at sea, I will get back to you as soon as possible.
31st March 2012, 11:40 PM
poole

The eligibility criteria for applying for merchant navy can be summarised a follows:
Courses : Certificate / Diploma courses in
Marine Radio Officer.
Deck Rating, Engine Rating.
Merchant Navy Cadets, etc..
Eligibility : Pass in +2. Age (18-24 years)
Duration : 6 months / 1 year / 2 year
Cost : not available
Scope : Jobs in shipping Companies,
Private Sector & Government Sector
You can get into the profession through IIT-JEE:
Chanakya 3 year in Nautical Sciences
Marine Engg Research Institute (Calcutta/Mumbai)
31st March 2012, 11:59 PM
poole

ELIGIBILITY/AGE LIMIT Admission is open to both unmarried male and female candidates; age should not be more than 20 years

ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates need to show proof of completing 10+2 system or equivalent, having passed Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics as elective subjects.

Some of the Qualifying Examinations are as follows: -

All India Senior School Certificate Examination of CBSE -
Higher Secondary Examination (from any Central/State Board of Secondary Education) -
Indian School Certificate Examination of Council of Indian School of Examination, New Delhi - Intermediate Science/Technical or 2-year pre-university examination -
Final Examination of 2-year course of Joint Service Wing of the NDA -
1st year examination of a 5-year integrated course from an IIT-
or IIT recognised institution/university -
1st year examination of a 3-year degree course of any recognised Indian University

For complete information please visit the following link:
http://www.educationinfoindia.com/marinefaq.htm

Best of luck
1st April 2012, 12:19 AM
poole

Eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy after 12th standard:
Candidate should have completed 12th standard with PCM stream from recognized university.
Age should be between 16 to 19 years.
You can get admission below mentioned colleges to pursue Merchant Navy course.

By contacting below mentioned colleges,you will get admission directly.

Training Ship Chanakya, Navi Mumbai.
Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Kolkata.
Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Mumbai.
Lal Bahadur Shastri College of advanced Maritime Studies and Research, Mumbai.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?