26th August 2012, 10:08 AM
Unregistered

Steps to become an IAS officer?

steps to become ias officer .to study from 6th...Pelase tell me how to do it

27th August 2012, 11:06 PM
suvendum14

Default Re: Steps to become an IAS officer?

hi..
to become a IAS officer..
First, complete the gradudation. Then look for advertisement of UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION which will advertise for Civil Services. You have to compete at 3 levels.

Level 1 : Prelims : One Optional and General Studies
(Objective)

Level 2: Mains : If you are successful in prelims, you will be called for Mains. 2 Optionals and General Studies (Subjective)

Level 3: If you are successful in Mains, you will be shortlisted for Group Discussion and Interview.

This is an arduous task. This requires highly disciplined approach towards the studies, developing analytical thinking on the current topics.
Best of luck...
thanks
27th August 2012, 11:13 PM
suvendum14

hi..
to become a IAS officer..
First, complete the gradudation. Then look for advertisement of UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION which will advertise for Civil Services. You have to compete at 3 levels.

Level 1 : Prelims : One Optional and General Studies
(Objective)

Level 2: Mains : If you are successful in prelims, you will be called for Mains. 2 Optionals and General Studies (Subjective)

Level 3: If you are successful in Mains, you will be shortlisted for Group Discussion and Interview.

This is an arduous task. This requires highly disciplined approach towards the studies, developing analytical thinking on the current topics.
Best of luck...
thanks
28th August 2012, 01:00 AM
suvendum14

Cool Re: Steps to become an IAS officer?

hi..
it very tough to be an ias officer..
Please Note: Becoming an:
IAS (Indian Administrative Services) officer
IPS (Indian Police Services) officer etc…
Is all done though the same “UPSC held Civil Services” examination! This guide is written from the point of view of becoming an IAS officer. However, the procedure to become an IPS etc. officer is also the same!

If you are interested in becoming an IAS officer, you probably know what the IAS is all about and why becoming an IAS officer is a very good career option. However, just incase you do not know, let us give you some quick information on IAS!
If you become an IAS officer, you become part of the Indian Administrative Service. You will be part of the Govt. You can work from “the inside” and change “the system”!!

If you have a dream for India, or if you, like us, believe that India will soon be a “super-power”. If you want to be part of the process of making India a great nation, IAS is for you! Being an IAS officer, there is a lot more power and control you have so that you can be part of Emerging India!

Besides that, IAS is a great career option! You get many “perks of the job” when you are an IAS officer. You will have “job security”, “discount on Govt. services”, “Govt. provided transportation” and many more things... Even though the monthly salary provided by the IAS career is not too high, the “perks” make up for the less salary!

However, getting into the IAS is not that easy! There is a very competitive “one year long” exam! To get into the IAS, you probably will have to try more than once before you succeed. And even if you clear the exam, then you have to get a very good score to qualify for the IAS! So, basically getting into the IAS is not that easy. However, here on indiahowto.com, we will try to show you “how to..” get in.

To get into the IAS, you will have to give the “UPSC held Civil Services Examination”. It is a common exam for getting into the IAS, IPS etc. To succeed in the “Civil Services Examination” you first need to understand how the examination is conducted or the “examination format”!
18th January 2013, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

which is the first step for being IAS?
18th January 2013, 04:20 PM
pinewood
Senior Member+

hi,,,

Steps to become an IAS officer

1.level-1-Prelims : One Optional and General Studies

2.level-2-Mains : If you are successful in prelims, you will be called for Mains. 2 Optionals and General Studies (Subjective)

3.level-3-If you are successful in Mains, you will be shortlisted for Group Discussion and Interview

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
18th January 2013, 06:26 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HI!
I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

In I.A.S exam there are three stage Of selection:-
> PRELIMS EXAM
> MAINS EXAM
> INTERVIEW
> MEDICAL EXAM(FOR I.P.S)

In prelims exam:-
> General Studies
> Civil Services Aptitude Test

In mains exam:-
> > General Studies
> > Two optional subject chose by you.

List of option subject:-
Agriculture
Management
Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science
Mathematics
Anthropology
Mechanical Engineering
Botany
Medical Science
Chemistry
Philosophy
Civil Engineering
Physics
Commerce & Accountancy
Political Science & International Relations
Economics
Psychology
Electrical Engineering
Public Administration
Geography
Sociology
Geology
Statistics
Indian History
Zoology
Law
18th January 2013, 06:47 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You should first focus on completing school education. There is nothing additional to think right now. The criteria to apply for Indian Administrative Service is graduation degree. So firstly focus on school and then complete graduation.

You are free to choose and course of any stream. For example you have complete B.A, B.Com or B.Sc and yet apply for Indian Administrative Service. You dont need to do any additional preparation during school days.

The only expection would be English. You can work on your English skills during school days. Ensure you are good in speaking and writing English. The real preparation should begin during the final year of graduation.

You will have to read newspapers and watch news to prepare yourself for the general knowledge section of general studies papers. There will be 1 paper on General Studies in Preliminary exam and 2 in Main examination.

Other than that NCERT books for Class 12th are very useful to prepare for general studies paper. You will also have to select optional subjects. Any subject from your course that you find easy to study should be good. Please remember that you will have to select one optional subject for preliminary and 2 for main examination.

IAS Eligibility

1. You should be Indian citizen.

2. A bachelor degree in any stream.

3. There is no percentage criteria.

4. The age limit for IAS is 21 to 30 years.

5. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

6. SC/ST are eligible for 5 years relaxation.

Selection Process

1) Preliminary Exam

2) Main Exam

3) Personal Interview
18th January 2013, 07:14 PM
sammy_wrath
Senior Member+

Lightbulb Re: Steps to become an IAS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Dear Aspirant,

To become a public servant like IAS or IPS.Follow these steps

You need to apply for the civil exams(upsc or appsc boards)

These boards conduct the civil exams by which a student can get the job in the government.

First the prelims are conducted.These will be having two papers like CS and GS.

Second will be the Mains.You can appear for it only when you qualify the prelims exam.

In this main exam you need to choose any one language from the Indian languages and write the exam.

In the mains you need to choose your subject.Like public administration and etc.

By this after the main exam .If you qualify the main exam.

You will be having the interview from the interview panel of the upsc or appsc board.

It totally depends on the interview.Whether you get the job or not.The interview can be for 15 to 30 minutes or more.It depends on the students answers.

So after the results of the interview.If you pass the interview then the job is yours.

Hope this info helps you.

All the best for your future endeavor's.

Any more Queries.
Don't Hesitate to ask me. Am happy to help you always. Just ping to my profile.

Best Regards,
Sampath.
18th January 2013, 09:09 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear.............

Indian Administrative Service (IAS) Exam is conducted through UPSC every year , For this the candidates have to appear Civil Service Exam.......There are certain eligibility criteria.

*The candidates should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognize university.
*The age limit is 21 - 30 yrs.
*There is a age relaxation for reserved candidates.
*The no.of attempt:
general-4 times
Obc- 7 times
Sc/St- unlimited.

For more details visit website.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck................
19th January 2013, 10:48 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service and to become an IAS officer, the first step is to apply for Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The selection is through three phases:-

-CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam

-Civil Service Main Exam

-Personal Interview

The eligiible candidate applying for Civil Service Exam, is called for CSAT exam annd the candidate selected out of it is called for the Civil Service Main Exam and the candidate selected out of Main exam is finallly selected through personal Interview.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
20th January 2013, 04:49 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

First of all, I would like to tell you that to be an IAS officer, you will have to appear for civil service examination, which is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) every year.

The selection procedure of civil service examination are as follows:-

* Preliminary examination.

* Mains examination.

* Personal interview.

The eligibility criteria required for the civil service examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any stream from any recognised college or university.

* Age limit- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

* Nationality- Indian.

* No. of attempts- 4 for General, 7 for OBC and no limits for SC/ST contendors.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
25th January 2013, 12:32 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.

IAS examination is a civil service examination.

UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) conducts the civil service examination every year.

The educational qualification regarding with an IAS examination are below mentioned:-

* A candidate must have finished graduation in any discipline from any recognised college/university.

* Nationality- Indian.

* Age criteria- The age must be lie in between 21-30 years.

* Age relaxation- 3 years(OBC) and 5 yrs(SC/ST).

* No. of attempts- 4(General), 7(OBC) and no attempts(SC/ST).

Thanks.
25th January 2013, 07:01 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

IPS Stands Indian Police Service

IPS is a one of the Civil Service Examination of UPSC

IPS Exam Selection Process based on following stages

Preliminary Examination , it is a first step of selection process

After completion of preliminary exam Candidates eligible for Main Exaltation

After clearing the Main examination Candidates eligible for Interview stage

List of Optional Subjects :

Agriculture

Management

Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science

Mathematics

Anthropology

Mechanical Engineering

Botany

Medical Science

Chemistry

Philosophy

Civil Engineering

Physics

Commerce & Accountancy

Political Science

International Relations

Economics

Psychology

Electrical Engineering

Public Administration

Geography

Sociology

Statics

Indian History

Zoology

Law

26th January 2013, 07:37 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

IAS Stands Indian Administration Service

IAS Selection Process :

Preliminary Examination

Main Examination

Interview

Eligibility :

Candidates must be Indian

Candidates Must be Complete Graduation in any stream from a recognized university

Candidates age limit between 21 to 30 years

the age relaxation as per govt rules
3rd February 2013, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

hi, i m one girl . i m 23 years old. and i m completed my b.c.a and i m running in m.b.a 2nd sem. can i become a IAS officer?when upsc exams held every year?
3rd December 2013, 11:24 AM
Unregistered

Hello, I am TYBcom student 20 years old I want to become an IAS officer. Can you please tell me about the preparation? and what are the criteria to do an IAS?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?