2nd July 2017, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

Which exam to prepare for doing doctoral program in US?

Sir/Mam, I am going to complete my M.Sc in Agricultural Entomology and wish to go US for my doctoral program. Can you please guide me which exam to prepare of GRE, TOEFL or IELTS? It will be really helpful if I get the information soon. Thanks!

6th July 2017, 11:22 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which exam to prepare for doing doctoral program in US?

In order to pursue Doctoral program in US, candidates must have completed their Masters degree in the relevant field from a recognised University. After completing the said course, candidates must have to appear in the entrance examinations lke GRE, TOEFL and IELTS, qualifying in which they can apply for studying the above mentioned course in US. Once qualified, they can apply for Visa to in order to study form US.
7th July 2017, 01:17 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which exam to prepare for doing doctoral program in US?

To get admission into doctoral programs in the US, you need to appear for GRE (Graduate Record Examination) and have to score good marks in it, so you will need to take the GRE before you apply.
Also you will have to take the TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System).These tests determines your English language skills and help schools determine whether or not you are equipped to attend graduate school at an English language university.
So like GRE examination, you should take one of these tests well in advance of starting the application.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?