22nd August 2016, 10:17 PM
parasyvasa

Is learning German language compulsory for applying to German Universities?

I have completed my BE in Mechanical, with 75.02% aggregate.I want to go to some good German University for further studies. My question is -Is learning German language compulsory for applying to German universities?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study MS in Germany if scored 5.5 Bands in IELTS and having knowledge of Germany A2?
  2. How to study German language? In what way German universities will test language proficiency?
  3. English or German which language is required for M.Tech in Germany?
  4. How to avoid the universities instruction of proving knowledge of German language?
  5. Is it necessary to appear in GRE to study MS in Germany?
  6. How to apply for German Universities for doing M.S after B.E? Entrance exam which I can write to join the universities? Minimum percentage required to join the university? Is it compulsory to learn German Language to enter the universities there? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. When can I appear in GRE for the admission in German university if completed B.E.(ME)? Detail, procedure and list of the German universities with scholarship? Is it necessary to appear in GRE and IELTS both for the admission?
  8. Which exam I should give for doing Civil engineering in German University?
  9. How may I get a job in German embassy? I'm pursuing dipoloma in german language. Is this degree enough for getting a job related to German language?
  10. How does 63% aggregate in VTU mechanical field affect getting admission in German universities?
  11. What is the minimum percentage required in B.E for doing MS in Germany? Is GRE exam compulsory to study MS In Germany? -- [New]
  12. What is the percentage required to get admission in german universities? I am pursuing B.Tech final year mechanical engineering
  13. Which level of German Language is necessary to study Master's in Machine Design in any university in Germany? Can I get a fee exemption if score more than 60% in B.E.? German universities accept TOEFL scorecard?
  14. Syllabus to pursue M.Tech in Civil Engineering from Germany?
  15. Which country is good to do MS between Germany and US? I am an electronics communication student
  16. How much percentage I need to do MS from Germany
  17. Can I get a seat in German University after scoring 67% in mechanical engineering? How much can I earn per month?
  18. What is the admission procedure for doing masters in Germany?
24th August 2016, 08:12 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is learning German language compulsory for applying to German Universities?

No, learning German language is not compulsory in order to get admission in German universities for higher studies. However, it is true that some universities take German proficiency test or ask for German language proficiency during admission. It is also true that if you know German, you will get higher preference than other overseas candidates at the time of admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?