How to join Air force?
Air force, the air arm is one of the prominent wings in Armed forces whose primary responsibility is to protect airspace and to play a pivotal role in the aerial conflicts during war time. One can join Air force as Officer / Airman / Pilot / Non Combatants Enrolled and civilians. Our Indian Air Force (IAF) has strength of approximately 170,000 personnel’s and around 1,330 aircrafts. Indians can be proud to say that IAF is the world’s fourth largest air force.
Qualification to Joining the Air Force as Airman
An airman in Air Force has to make sure that all the ground and air operations are going smoothly. The minimum qualification to join as airmen is 10+2 level education with English, Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects. Only male candidates are eligible to join Air Force as Airmen.
Qualification for Joining the Air Force as Pilot
The recruitment of pilot in Air Force is either through National Defense Academy (NDA) test or by Combined Defence Service (CDS) Exam. For NDA, the candidates between 16½ and 19 years who have passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects are eligible. For CDS, the candidates should have a first class graduation with minimum 60% aggregate in any discipline. B.E / B.Tech holders can also apply for the CDS Exam. Only male candidates are eligible for this post.
Qualification for Joining the Air Force as Officer
The candidates can join Air Force at Intermediate level / Graduate level / Engineer level / Post Graduate level based on ones qualification.
For Intermediate level entry
Male candidates whose age are between 16½ and 19 years and have passed their high school graduation are eligible to apply for the intermediate level post.
For Graduate level entry
Those who have passed the under graduate degree and between 18 and 28 years of age can apply for the graduate level post. Female candidates are also eligible for this post.
For Engineer level entry
The candidates those who have completed engineering course in any stream and are between 18 and 28 years are eligible for the graduate level entry.
For Post Graduate level entry
Those who have completed their post graduate degree and between 18 and 28 years of age are eligible for the post graduate level entry.
Qualification to Joining the Air Force as Non Combatants Enrolled and civilians
Non Combatants Enrolled and civilians are those who provide personal assistance to the officer class. Generally, they are employed in administrative and non-technical work. To join as Non Combatants Enrolled and civilians in Air Force, one has to pass the 10+2 level education.
Training Institutes in India
- Cavalier India
- Disha Academy
- Ground Zero Institute
- SQS Defence Division
- Colonel P.R Khandekar’s Eagle Academy
- Margadarshak Career Academy
- Defence Academy
- ICS Academy
- Olive Greens
- New Career Academy
- Impact Coaching and Educational Services Pvt. Ltd
- A.C Vidyasagar Classes
- Brain Storm Academy
- Chandigarh Defence Academy
- Lt. Col. Deol’s Minerva Academy
- Baalnoi Academy
- CMI Institute
- Test Bag Academy
- Bolster Academia
- Akshardham: The Competitive Exams Academy
- Tara Institute
- O.P Singh’s IAS Academy
- How to join IAF as an Officer after Intermediate 10+2?
- Career Options in Air Force
- How to join IAF in the flying Branch after Graduation?
- Procedure to join Indian Air Force after B.Tech
- Pilot, Indian Air force
- IAF 2011 Airman
- Constable, Directorate General Border Security Force
- Technical Branch Vacancies, Indian Air force
- Head Constable, Assistant Sub Inspector, Border Security Force
- How to join Indian Air Force?
- Entry options to join as a Pilot in Indian Air force
- Indian Air Force Pilot - How to become an Indian Air Force Pilot?
- Indian Air Force, Career in Indian Air Force
- List of Defense Service Entrance Exams
- Airman in Group ‘y’ (Non Technical), Indian Air Force