Landscape Architect - How to become a Landscape Architect?
Landscape designer is mainly involved into designing services like residential townships landscaping services, horticultural landscape design services, commercial landscape designing services etc. They mainly take into account the natural environment and maintain a harmonious relation with it. They also work in association with surveyors, engineers, environmental scientists and building architects which helps in determining the arrangements of roads ,buildings etc without harming the natural environment.
The candidates need to pass their graduation or master’s degree examination in landscape designing. Many institutes offer certificate courses in landscape designing. The candidates who wish to be in landscape architectural field can join the course. They should also pass the qualifying examination at the end of the course.
Who is eligible to apply?
The candidates need to be at least 18 years of age and should be a graduate in the respective field. Candidates with certificate in landscape architecture are given preference. The candidates with master’s degree or experience in the respective field are in demand and are preferred by the reputed institutes. Several institutes offer Bachelor of Landscape Architecture (BLA) and Master of Landscape Architecture (MLA) Programs for students who plan their career in landscape architectural field. They should have done their internship from a reputed architectural institute along with their course. The candidates who are planning to work as a freelancer in landscape designing need to obtain license from the concerned authority.
Key points in the process
- The candidate should pass his twelfth class.
- Need to be creative
- Should be a graduate in Bachelor of Landscape Architecture (BLA)
- Those with post graduation in landscape architecture or experience in the respective field are given preference.
- Those with certificate courses or diploma in the respective area are also treated eligible.
- Should prove successful in their internship period.
- Should obtain license in landscape designing.
- They also need knowledge in computer programs like Computer aided designing (CAD).
Skills required for a landscape architect
In order to be a landscape architect one need to be really creative. They should possess technical skills along with good written and oral communication. Need to be well versed in using computer especially in Computer Aided Designing. They should be able to convince their clients and should also possess leadership and management skills.
- Difference between Landscape Architect and Marine Architect
- Is landscape architecture a course that influence’s the infrastructure of a country?
- Difference between Naval Architect and Architect
- M.Arch (Landscape Architecture) — Course Details
- Difference between B.Arch and B.Planning
- Difference between Software Architect and Software Engineer
- Data Warehouse Architect - How to become Data Warehouse Architect?
- Difference between Network Architect and Network Engineer
- Architect - How to become an Architect?
- Career after B. Arch
- Career In Architectural Engineering
- Software Architect - How to become a Software Architect?
- Gardening and landscaping courses in India
- Government Jobs in Architecture Sector
- Career after M.Arch