UPSC Geologists Exam Papers
The study concerned with the dynamics, structure and evolution of the earth- its natural energy and mineral resources, is called Geology. The allied disciplines of geology are hydro-geology, geo-physics, marine geology etc.
To recruit geologists in the organizations of the Central Government, the UPSC conducts Geologists’ Examination every year. The rules for the exam are in accordance with those published in the Gazette of India by the Ministry of Mines.
The exam consists of two stages. The first stage is a written examination and the second is an interview. The interview carries a total of 200 marks.
The subjects for the written examination are given below:
1. The first subject is General English. Duration is 2 hours and maximum marks are 100.
2. The second subject is Geology paper I which is of 3 hours duration.
3. The third subject is Geology paper II. The duration is 3 hours.
4. Geology paper III is the fourth subject with the duration being 3 hours.
5. The fifth paper is hydrogeology. Duration is again 3 hours.
The marks carried by all the subjects mentioned above are 200 except for the first one which carries 100 marks.
Candidates who clear the written test are called for an interview. They are interviewed by competent interviewers who will try to assess his personality and whether he suitable for the post he has applied for or not. They keep a record of his whole career in front of them to assess his qualities.
Download UPSC Geologists Exam Papers:
- Download UPSC Geologists Exam Question Paper 1
- Download UPSC Geologists Exam Question Paper 2
- Download UPSC Geologists Exam Question Paper 3
- Download UPSC Geologists Exam Question Paper 4
- Download UPSC Geologists Exam Question Paper 5
- Download UPSC Geologists Exam Question Paper 6
- Download UPSC Geologists Exam Question Paper 7
- UPSC Geologists Exam Geology Paper I Papers
- UPSC Geologists Exam Geology Paper III Papers
- UPSC Geologists Exam Geology Paper II Papers
- Civil Services - Professionals Entry
- UPSC Geologists Exam General English Papers
- Difference between Geophysicist and Geologist
- Geologist Examination for recruitment of Geologist Group A – UPSC
- Difference between Seismologist and Geologist
- Pay scale for Geologist in Government Jobs
- Procedure to become a Geologist in India
- Scope of Geology
- Post Graduate Courses in Geology
- UPSC Mains Geography (Paper I) Papers
- UPSC (Mains) Psychology (Paper I) Papers
- UPSC Civil Services Zoology Preliminary Examination Papers